MBNA Account numbers changing help ?

progenic7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I posted this in my MBNA thread but it seems nobody has noticed lol.

Thing is i have found a load of old statements from about 1996 - 2000 and noticed loads of charges in that time. First question is can i reclaim these charges from pre-six years ago ?

The other question is about year 2000 i noticed my account number changed from a fairly short account number to a really long one, is this a sign that they may have sold my debt to someone else or is this standard practice ? the old account number ended in 002 and new one ended in 005 if that means anything !

Dont Rush - Take Your Time - Dont always take me seriously

:p

If you feel i have helped you then click

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

MBNA - Case Charges+PPI+CI+LA+Damages+costs

RBS Credit Card - Case Charges+CI+LA+Costs

Barclays - Case Charges+CI+LA+Damages+costs

Halifax - Case Charges+CI+Damages+costs

Online Finance - Case Charge+CI+Damages+costs

I posted this in my MBNA thread but it seems nobody has noticed lol.

Thing is i have found a load of old statements from about 1996 - 2000 and noticed loads of charges in that time. First question is can i reclaim these charges from pre-six years ago ?

The other question is about year 2000 i noticed my account number changed from a fairly short account number to a really long one, is this a sign that they may have sold my debt to someone else or is this standard practice ? the old account number ended in 002 and new one ended in 005 if that means anything !

Hi there, am bumping your thread in the hope that somebody more knowledgable will answer! Have you checked out about "Statute of Limitations", I suggest you do a search on this as there are a lot of people out there claiming beyond the six years. I did read a thread today actually but can't remember what bank it was to be honest. Am pretty sure there is a templates letter to send if you are claiming beyond the statutory period.

I am not sure about the account number change. I would ring them and ask the question, don't call the call centre idiots, ring the CEO's office, the number of which is in the MBNA contacts sticky, probably any number there will do to be honest.

Hope this helps and keep us posted with developments!!:)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Your account number changing has nothing to do with any debts being sold, credit card account numbers can and do sometimes change for a variety of reasons, biggest reason being for lost/stolen cards, other reasons could be BIN numbers being changed/updated, visa/mastercard technical issues etc.

Wouldnt worry about this at all as all the account numbers would refer to same account