MBNA want me to sell my clothes!!!

sunshine star
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

... so if it does start to go wayward I'll be sending that cheque marked F&F on the back!

I don't think that means that you can trick them into accepting a F&F by writing that on the back of the cheque

Fortunately, fingers crossed, my financials are on the up. I've just started my own business so I can work from home and I've got support from the Princes Trust and Business Link to set it all up.

I'm glad to hear it, I hope that it works out for you

The last thing I want is to start coughing up the profits to them. I've increased my payments to Lloyds as they haven't been any bother and I do want to pay it off.

Be careful about incresing payments - there are posts around here where the bank has started charging interest if you increase them to their normal minimum payment, so you can be reducing the debt by less but paying more

Grumpy

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the absence of a valid agreement this account should not have been passed on to a DCA. The DCA even though they have bought the account/debt can and will return it to MBNA. Buying a debt is by no means a final act for a DCA - there is always a getout if the documents are not in place.

My advice is not to communicate in any way with MBNA or one of their DCAs unless you receive an enforceable CCA agreement. The law says they must not pursue you unless thay have an enforceable agreement so ignore them. Every time you phone or write it gives them encouragement to continue pestering you - they might get something from you. You have got to be very firm with these unsavoury people.

I don't know how many times this need be stated but DON'T, unless you can record them, phone them or accept their calls. ALWAYS put everything in writing otherwise you WILL regret it when they lie or make promises they have no intention of fulfilling ............& you can't prove otherwise