Robinson Way & Co. Advice please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone had any dealings with this lot? Threatening court action to recover an unpaid bill for £200. Said they are preparing documents at the moment and if I don't pay or seek help they MAY initiate court proceedings.

I know the usual tricks of DCAs but as this lot are new to me I thought I'd seek some advice here.

I already did try to arrange a payment plan with my creditor but I assume they thought they could get the whole lot quicker if they passed it on to a DCA.

you can take some serious action against these people.

for one, they are not registered as a Data Controller with the ICO, therefore they cannot process your personal details.

secondly, the creditor (bank) can also be taken action against because of this.

i would first CCA them with the £1 fee, and also ask them for their ICO registration number.

Hi, they are acting for a mobile phone company so there won't be a CCA. At least that's I read elsewhere. As for the data controlling though.....

Should I start with an S10 to Robinson Way? And a letter to the phone co. pointing out that they aren't registered and I am reporting them?

They are owned by London Scottish Bank who are registered as Data Controllers. They have some other names registered but not Robinson Way. Do they need to register all the names they use or would London Scottish be enough?

yes, as they are a separate Limited company they would need their own Data Controller, hence they are breaking the law.

ask them who their Data Controller is and if they say London Scottish then ask the ICO about this.

you can take some serious action against these people.

for one, they are not registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office, therefore they cannot process your personal details.

secondly, the creditor (bank) can also be taken action against because of this.

i would first CCA them with the £1 fee, and also ask them for their Information Commissioners Office registration number.

Are you absolutely sure of this? I've been paying these bullies a small but nonetheless not insignificant amount for about 7 years now....

If I send them a CCA request and ask for their registration number etc... It won't end up like the Lowell 1+2 / Lowell I+II registration discussion will it??

Regards Dave.

make a complaint to the ICO first and they will investigate and let you know.

it is the LAW that a company HAS to be registered as a Data Controller under the DPA if they process personal information.