Has Nationwide Closed your account after claiming

Pat-Uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is more of a poll than anything else, i personally could do without them closing my account, as I am blacklisted and won't be able to open another, I need to have a Debit card and Direct Debits.

Can I have a quick YES or NO answer from everyone who has claimed and won against Nationwide.

Many Thanks

Got a total refund (eventually) followed by the notification that the accounts would be closed in 32 days and requesting the return of cards, cheque books etc. I've written back and told them if they want it returned they'd better send me a stamped addressed envelope or they go in the bin!:-)

Hi Pat-Uk!

Why would U want to use a Bank (...or Building Society) that has blatantly unlawfully ripped U off and has every intention of carrying on doing so???

Why would U expect a Bank (...or Building Society) to want to keep U as a customer if U refuse to let it unlawfully rip U off???

U mention being "Blacklisted"?

Have U checked out the threads that have dealt with CRA Default Removals etc?

Other Banks have "Basic" Current Accounts which offer DD and Internet Access, with possibly Visa Electron or Solo Cards.

If U keep your nose clean, within 6 months your NEW Bank may upgrade U and issue U with a Debit Card.

Hi Pat-Uk!

Why would U want to use a Bank (...or Building Society) that has blatantly unlawfully ripped U off and has every intention of carrying on doing so???

Why would U expect a Bank (...or Building Society) to want to keep U as a customer if U refuse to let it unlawfully rip U off???

U mention being "Blacklisted"?

Have U checked out the threads that have dealt with CRA Default Removals etc?

Other Banks have "Basic" Current Accounts which offer DD and Internet Access, with possibly Visa Electron or Solo Cards.

If U keep your nose clean, within 6 months your NEW Bank may upgrade U and issue U with a Debit Card.

Problem is here is someone has been ripped off by one of the banks somewhere along the line. Wherever you go there will be someone who is reclaiming illegal charges, so it's all much of a muchness.

Also IMO Abbey are the best to get a basic account from, they work on behavioural scoring rather than credit scoring so once you have the account and keep it in check you will likely to be upgraded.

1,electron card

approx 6 months later

2 £50 cheque guarantee card/electron card

6/12 months later

3, Visa Delta, £100 cheque guarantee card

Working to remove my debts

Thanks for your comments MilkTrayMan, but as a result of being behind with quite a few debts, through unlawfull bank charges and not, I still have an adverse credit rating, which will make it extreamly difficult to get an account with a Debit Card, I rely on a debit card and can't be without one.

I have no intention of being in a position where they can charge me in the future, the account is in good order and I have every intention of keeping it that way, They might not want to close the accounts though as I have about 10K in my savings account and a mortgage which earns them money every month legally.

Thanks Richthegill, I might try an Abbey account, and see if they will upgragde it, If I open a savings account too. and they see money going in every month they might see that there was a genuine reason for my bad credit rating.

This is more of a poll than anything else, i personally could do without them closing my account, as I am blacklisted and won't be able to open another, I need to have a Debit card and Direct Debits.

Can I have a quick YES or NO answer from everyone who has claimed and won against Nationwide.

Many Thanks

Yes - account closure notice served after they made a partial payment of the full amount claimed for. I'm still chasing the remainder and have submitted my AQ on Firday gone as I hadn't heard anything form them.

You might want to give Citibank a try if you need a debit card - from the threads on MSE you automatically get a debit card while some people (even those with bad credit) are getting cheque books as well.

Welcome to Citibank and it is the Sterling Account (or Current Plus it might have changed its name to)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Read the announcement by Bank Fodder.The Alliance and Leicester have been fined by FOS for closine account against those who compalined about Bank Charges.

I would definitely be drawing their attention to this, when more info is available!!!!!

Hi again Pat-Uk!

U have TWO main choices to consider!

Stay with Nationwide for the sake of keeping your DC (...whch CAN be withdrawn without notice I might add!).

Know personally that they have caused U grief in the past and may do again if your circumstances change for the worse.

Accept that they have unlawfully taken money from U and allow them to keep it and sleep soundly @ night knowing that if U want your money back...they WILL close your CURRENT account!

If U obtain a Current Account elsewhere your relationship with your NEW Bank will have no acrymonious history and U will feel alot better in yourself for having been empowered enough to stand up for your rights!

FWIW...

A+L have the best market leading Current Account.

...Premier Direct.

Before U go applying all over the place, check out your Credit Report @ Experian Credit Expert, check credit rating, credit reports & file alerts - with Experian CreditExpert.co.uk to see just how bad it really is.

Too many credit searches by Banks etc checking U out can have a detrimental effects on your Credit Rating...so do your homework 1st if U decide to jump ship!

The above post is in reply to #11 + #12

How does everyone manage to type lightspeed faster than what I ever seem to be able to???

...Has it got something to do with E numbers or something?

The QWERTY Keyboard was originally designed to slooooow typists down!..lol....:)

YES....Nationwide closed my 18 year account in December after a partial payout from them. My AQ went to court on Dec 22. and yesterday I received an order from court saying they have 5 days to respond or they will have any defence struck out !

---------------------------------------------------

Nationwide

Prelim sent 18/09/06

Revised prelim sent 26/09/06

LBA sent 11/10/06

N1 filed 30/10/06 served 3/11/06

Part payment £610.10 received 8/11/06

AQ filed 22/12/06

Cap One

S.A.R sent 08/09/06

Reply 20/09/06

Prelim sent 18/10/06

LBA sent 3/11/06

Barclaycard

S.A.R sent 08/09/06

Reply 14/09/06 Microfiche excuse

Response sent 18/09/06

Lloyds TSB (oh)

prelim sent 19/09/06

Revised prelim sent 26/09/06

LBA sent 11/10/06

N1 filed 30/10/06 served 3/11/06

Cap One (oh)

S.A.R sent 08/09/06

Reply 20/09/06

Prelim sent 18/10/06

LBA sent 3/11/06

• 2 weeks later...

In view of the ruling against Alliance & Leicester I wrote to Nationwide offering them the opportunity to reverse their decision based on the findings of the ombudsman. They wrote back today refusing the opportunity! expected of course but it was fun to get them to respond. We don't need an account there but I thought it would be good to get their viewpoint which is still the 'you broke our terms & conditions' etc. now it's down to deciding if I've got the time to push it further....

I'm Still waiting for a responce to the SAR, it's now 21 days since it was signed for as delivered at my local branch.

I will make a point of pointing out this case in further correspondence, as I really do need the account, but the money is needed too, As for opening accounts with Halifax or Citibank, I have had cards and accounts with them and it looks like citibank have forgotten about the £4,000 odd I owe them, not heard anything from them in about 5 years so don't want to remind them i'm alive for another year or so, and as for Halifax they are about to get a SAR too for a closed account and credit card.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't load myself up with debt with no intentions of paying it back, i'm like most others who borrow within thier means, then something happens that ruins future life plans and find themselves in debt.

My something was a fire that gutted my house, destroyed everything I own, Then having to deal with IMO the worst Insurance company in the country (Big red phone), that took 2 years to decide they were not going to pay out. During that time I had to pay rent on another house and pay my mortgage, so Like many others it was not my fault.

So during that time I managed to upset a few poor desperate credit card companies that can't afford to lose a few quid, I wrote to all of them at the time to explain my situation, not one of them was helpfull, they all basicly said if you dont pay on time you'll be in default and we'll come after you for the amout and costs.

I'm still re-building my house now myself and have been for over a year, it should be habitable again in a few weeks, i'm waiting for the gas and electric to be re-connected (which I have to pay for at around £2,400) this is what any money I get back from Nationwide will pay for. I'm doing it because I need to, not just because I can.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent my SAR via recorded delivery to my local Nationwide branch 30 Days ago, it was signed for, and I have a copy of the signature.

I have heard nothing at all from them, if they do not respond within the next 10 Day as stated on the SAR, what should I do with them ??

It seems to be quite usual for companies to leave it to the last minute to deliver. If they still haven't complied, leave it for a while before bringing

their breach of the Act to their attention. [if you tell them too early, they

can come up with a reasonable enough excuse perhaps to avoid penalties].

Why were you asking for the sar?