PC World Customer Service

mikey64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

PC World Customer Service - pure fiction!

Took my PC in for a healthcheck but upon return no report and unvaleted.

Called helpline on 3 separate occasions for a call back from Luton store - no call back ever received.

3 letters of complaint to store - not even acknowledged.

Letter of complaint to Head Office - no response or acknowledgement to date.

e-mails to customer service - automated response only.

Have now written to Chairman of DSG.

Also written to Trading Standards and Watchdog.

Not big beans involved but if you pay good money you expect a service in return.

PC World - just don't go there.

• 2 weeks later...

is it the luton store? i can find out the stores direct managers phone number, keep ringing him 10 times+ a day and soon they will refund your £50...

HEALTHCHECKS ARE A GLORIFIED VIRUS SCAN AND HOOVER!!!! DONT BOTHER

PCW and local traders charge about £75 for a virus scan and file clean up, man is this a rip off. I regularly do this for about £20 for workmates and I remove other forms of malware not caught by virus scanners. Why so cheap? because I do sod all! run the cleaners run the scanners, kill the crap, job done. I feel guilty at charging £20!

PCW - hopeless, Currys - hopeless. Local traders are slightly better but they are out to make a buck and consequently thier component prices are very hefty compared to the likes of Dabs.com and Microdirect.

Have a handy friend who knows.....

We haven't got the money, so we've got to think!

Ernest Rutherford

A & L

Data Protection Act Letter sent 11/08/06

Data rec'd 14/09/06, Prelim letter sent 16/09/06

LBA sent 22/09/06, MCOL 6QZ68670 issued 2/10/06 - chq for £6,375.34 rec'd 04/11/06.

Having plowed through various careers :D I am currently an IT engineer. Virus scans and malware/adware cleans, which is all that PC World does, takes literally(absolutely no exaggeration) 2 minutes of user time, and using free tools. Yes, the scans themselves are timeconsuming, but you do not have to sit at the PC during this time.

As for the "valet", just buy a can of compressed air for a coupla quid :)

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

On many machine, 2 minutes of time is all it takes. However, when i was doing it at work as an engineer, i did actually do it more thoroughly. After a scan is done on a moderately to heavily infected machine, run a quick hijackthis and chances are you will see quite a few things the free scanner (in fact any scanner) has missed.

Also, just to note, there are some really annoying crapware that just doesn't want to go, no matter what type of scan you run:-x. These one do require "manual intervention":rolleyes: