Back-pedalling on a settlement

kirky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks, just had to share this:

Got a demand for payment on the balance of a store credit card, which I had previously (in 2005) settled below their extortionate figure by way of mediation and with help from the CCCS. I was flabberghasted and worried that I hadn't retained their letter which stated they accepted it in full and final settlement....anyway - phoned them and they admitted it was their mistake and that they would amend my credit rating and show the figure as a nil balance, dating back to the original settlement.

I had discussed that I would have no hesitation in taking this to the small claims court if they persisted - and went on to say that I had been successful on three occasions so far.

The woman on the other end of the phone said, God, how did you do that (bank charges), I've got loads. So I told her about the CAG and how to access it! Bless her.

Alls well that ends well and there's a Call Centre somewhere now aware of this great work.

GO GUYS!:D

Capital One - SETTLED IN FULL £670.00 - 27.07.06

:D

Halifax Bank - SETTLED IN FULL £307.00 - 04.08.06

:wink:

Medinland

Data Protection Act letter sent 20.06.06

Moneyclaim started 24.07.06 (£735)

Defence submitted 02.08.06

My response submitted 07.08.06

Their response submitted 10.08.06

Hearing date: 19.12.06 watch this space!

I WON!!!

:rolleyes: