Notice of Debt Collection for unknown debt

sh4dow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have recieved a notice of collection from Wescot. It was delieverd to my old address and the current occupier brought it to me along with other post.

It is 2 years since I lived at that address and this is the first communication i have receieved. The debt may be more than six years old as it is in my maiden name and i have been married 4 years.

I have no idea what the debt is for at all or whether i have made payments against it in the past. The amount they claim i owe is £358.

I would like to find out what it is for and whether they have made loads of charges but without admitting liability or getting into telephone conversations with them.

Can anyone help with what I should put in a letter to them or whether I should contact them at all?

Many thanks in advance,

Sue

ring them, PUT 141 BEFORE THEIR NUMBER ask them to what its relating dont divulge any further information to them, i wouldnt ignore as there is prob something on your credit file that may need to be sorted

OR get a credit report on yourself and check for it on that???

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..

Hi Sue. If you believe it has been 6 years then the debt will, more than likely, be statute barred and you do not need to give them anything. Take a look at this link and use example letter M to send to them. Hopefully that should do it and you'll hear no more.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html#post162367

Good luck.

Pam.

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

Thanks for that, I did ring them this morning (before reading the last 2 posts) and found out that the debt was from 2000 from a catalogue company.

I sent the letter "M" as suggested by Pam today, without disclosing my new address.

I'll let you know what happens.

Many thanks for the assistance, any further advice most welcome.

Sue

Thanks for that, I did ring them this morning (before reading the last 2 posts) and found out that the debt was from 2000 from a catalogue company.

I sent the letter "M" as suggested by Pam today, without disclosing my new address.

I'll let you know what happens.

Many thanks for the assistance, any further advice most welcome.

Sue

Good luck Sue :). I'm guessing that you sent them a letter with no address at all, (as quoting your old address/name could possibly be fraud/deception?)

I'm also guessing that you'll retrieve any replies from your former address?!

Question is.... Do you owe them this money? Is it statute barred?

Seriously, if this is going to your former address, and is in your maiden name! And, given the age of the debt, i'ld leave it well alone! All that the PPL in your old address have to do is return the letters to the sender as, "Moved, & no forwarding address."

THAT'S IT! Leave it at that. It's for them to find you! Not for you to do their work for them!

Every time that U call, U are starting the clock again!

Leave it well alone! & come back if ever they find out your Married name *and* your current address! (JMHO)

Best Regards, Dave.