Any help appreciated.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I have a query on my dad's account.

About 8 years ago my dad ran his own business. He took out a loan for 1500 and he paid insurance on the account to cover him if he was sick. A few months before he turned 65 he was signed off sick and he contacted the insurance company. They paid a few of the monthly payments and then stopped. They said this was due to him being 65 and that the insurance no longer covered him. However Nat West continued to take direct debits for the loan out of his account despite there not being any money going into the account. This resulted in an overdraft and overdraft charges. Prior to this the account was in credit. I have gone through his statements which show up to £500 being charged each month so you can imagine what happened to the bank account. The bank closed the account and he now pays £20 a month to a debt collector. He has been paying for several years now and the debt is still over £2000.

I told him that I did not think that he could claim from the bank as the charges applied by Nat West were never payed back by him.

Now I am wondering if he can make a claim, and if he were succesful then that would go towards clearing off this debt. He is over 70 now and living on a basic pension. He could really do without this hanging over his head.

Does anyone know how he would stand with this one?

Thanks

Charliuk:razz: