Brobins Vs Halifax!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Hi,

I have just checked my MOL account and Halifax Acknowleged my claim on the 19th, they now have 28 days to get a defence together.. I guess this is good? and am I right in thinking that I no longer need to send this letter off now?

Once they have acknowledged, they have a further 14 days. 28 days from date deemed served.

Hi

Today I recieved my 'Notice that Acknowledgement of Services has been filed' form from the court.

They intend to defend all the claim and it is signed by a A O'Brien, Head of Legal Services. Has anyone else had the same person?

I guess I just wait now...

Yip, my claim was also acknowledged by A O'Brien yesterday. Should not be long now. Good luck.

Good stuff! What do you expect to happen? Can you see it going as far as attending a hearing etc?

Ok, it has been a week since they acknowledged and I havent heard anything as of yet, they have a week left..

Mariana, have you heard anything as of yet?

What happends if they do not submit a defence?

Hi, just to let you know where I am as I'm at a very similar stage to yourself, although maybe a few days head.

27th Feb - Issued claim through court, deemed to be served on 4th March

15th March - I received notice that acknowledgment of service has been filed and the bank is going to defend the full amount in court.

23rd March - Had a offer of 986.00 (the total claim inc charges is 1392.43), in full and final settlement, was told in letter if I want to claim interest then I'll have to proceed with the court claim.

So I'm about to send a rejection / see you in court letter!

Good luck, your nearly there!

Hi, just to let you know where I am as I'm at a very similar stage to yourself, although maybe a few days head.

27th Feb - Issued claim through court, deemed to be served on 4th March

15th March - I received notice that acknowledgment of service has been filed and the bank is going to defend the full amount in court.

23rd March - Had a offer of 986.00 (the total claim inc charges is 1392.43), in full and final settlement, was told in letter if I want to claim interest then I'll have to proceed with the court claim.

So I'm about to send a rejection / see you in court letter!

Good luck, your nearly there!

Hi mate

How did they contact you to make the offer? By letter or phone?

Many Thanks

I called halifax today to chat about a charge to my account.

They are running a pilot scheme where they are calling back some people straight away to make an offer. Its really just luck whether you get that call though, apparently.

For the others they are using the 8 week they (supposedly) have... but everyone (who claims properly) is getting money back.

hmm thats good, i dont know why they try to drag it out with some people though and not with others.

also, i have just had another £90 in charges taken out which has happened after i did the mcol, would i have to do all this again to claim it back or once i win my other claim should i ring and ask them to refund the 'new' charges or else ill go through the courts again?

I WON!!!!

Just checked my account today and there are 2 CASH payments.. one for £642 (charges) and one for £132.58 (court fees and interest) total £774.58.. I am very happy, Thank you all for your help..

Now, do I need to cancel the MOL thingy?

Hi,

On Friday I recieved a letter from Halifax saying they are willing to pay up but not admit liability?!? haha this seems silly. Do I need to write to the court and say they have paid up?

Thanks

Guest Mumofthreeboys

Congratulations, well done.

Yes, you do need to write to the courts and tell them this case is settled.

Congratulations!

For some people they pay up, for others they push it for as long as possible.

I would love to know how they decide which they will or won't!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .