• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

jster v capital one credit card ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having started my claim with the woolwich i thought what the hell lets give capital one a good going over!!!

firstly i don't have a credit card with them anymore and my debt as been passed onto debitas. i now pay a monthly amount to them and they were very cruel in the way they went about it. so in the end i gave in to their demands. (they can be very scary and intimidating)

A few questions

1 - As i don't have card anymore can i reclaim my charges?

2 - Do i stop paying the monthly installment once i sent my SAR to capital one?

3 - Do i send all letters to capital one and debitas?

Thanks for any help i receive

1. Yes

2. Not sure, it would be benificial to have a read around a few other threads and and try to get other peoples experiences of this situation.

3. I would have thought Capital one, but again try and see what other people in the same situation as you have done.

The chances are that these questions have been asked plenty of times in the cap1 forum, but you may have to go spend a while to searching all the relevant threads. Hopefully someone with better knowledge will come along soon and answer your questions fully.

• 1 month later...

hi all

i have finally received my statements back but i have also received a load of pc screen shots of data which means nothing to me. i think it maybe the manual intervention part!!! does anyone think this maybe some sort of tactic to justify the charges???

im not sure what to do now. should i carry on with prelim?

any help very much appreciated

hi all

i have finally received my statements back but i have also received a load of pc screen shots of data which means nothing to me. i think it maybe the manual intervention part!!! does anyone think this maybe some sort of tactic to justify the charges???

im not sure what to do now. should i carry on with prelim?

any help very much appreciated

It's Cap1's usual reply...Sort of how much they owe you and proceed with prelim

Just hate every DCA out there

• 2 weeks later...

hello

update

i haven't received any reply to my prelim. so going to sent lba. i'm starting to confuse myself with all the interests. ithink i'm right in saying i cannot send lba with any kind of interest added to schedule. (i never added any on my prelim)

so with that in mind can i start again and add compound interest? or should i just carry on with original claim and add 8% at mcol?

any help/opinions gratefully received

Jster

If i were you, (and I was in the same postion as you having sent my prelim without interest) I would send the LBA with an updated schudule of charges inlcuding interest. I would also claim CCI, as it will definately be worth while, just make sure that you use the correct apr.

Thanks SS. I have been looking at my statements and the interest varies from 2.207% - 2.269%. I have no idea what to do. been reading on here for weeks but the interest really does my head in!!!!:shock: maybe i should just stick to 8%.

Jster,

I wrote to cap1 and requested my statements having no idea what my card number was. I too am in the same situation as yourself. I haven't used the card since 2004 and it went to debt collectors by which I am now paying a small fee.

Today I recieved my account charges and details of my account number. I did not write to inform the debt collectors.

I included this in my first letter for statements.

I do not know my account number, and if you have trouble obtaining the account from the above information, I can give the number of the court order that was issued against me by your company in March xxxx. Date of birth xx/xx/xxxx.

This is xxxxxxxx at the xxxxxxxx Court for the total of £xxx.00.

you can adjust to suit your circumstances.

Hope this helps

Kashie

thanks Kashie. However i have already received my statements and i'm in two minds as to what to do regarding interest. im due to sent lba. but confusing myself. going to have a think about what to do!!!!

good luck with your claim

jster,

I too had five different interest rates so i added them together, divided by 5 to get average and put that average into mindzai's calculator to get APR. I have sent prelim letter, response due tomorrom so getting ready to send LBA. Hope this helps.

glav

Thanks SS. I have been looking at my statements and the interest varies from 2.207% - 2.269%. I have no idea what to do. been reading on here for weeks but the interest really does my head in!!!!:shock: maybe i should just stick to 8%.

Hi jster

Use this calculator to work out your true APR. Then you can add that to every charge on your spreadsheet and claim back Contractual Interest. After all it is the rate they have charged you.

Maybe an idea to average the 2 rates and type that in.

http://www.zen122856.zen.co.uk/CompoundSheet_v1.9.xls

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 3 weeks later...

update

finally received latter from the infamous mr udy.

he is offering the difference between £20 and £12. as my lba is up on tuesday i'm going to send thanks i accept as part payment and give them 10 days to refund the rest (gosh i'm very generous) then its mcol time again!!!!

J

Hi all,

I got a letter yesterday from Mr Udy as well offering me the difference between the £20 and £12. Don't think so Mr Udy!!

jster$$$, I too got confused with interest but I think I have sussed it. If 8% equates to 0.00022, then 1% is 2.75. Therefore if you have 20% times that by 2.75 = 55, so you change the simple spreadsheets 8% to 0.00055. you can actually change each charge to the correct %. I checked all my answers against an on line interest calculator, and they added up. Hope this helps.

thanks ajjars. i decided not to go for cci so if i don't hear anything in 2 weeks i will be file mcol and adding 8% interest.

i got too confused and thought it would be easier for me to stick with what i know more about.

more power to those who do claim cci.

J

• 4 weeks later...

just about to file mcol. when i click yes to Do you want to reserve the right to claim interest? a window opens telling me i must add this to my poc "The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from {date when the money became owed to you} to {the date you are issuing the claim} of £ {put the amount} and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of {enter the daily rate of interest}. ".

i dont remember this with my other claim.

am i right in saying the template of poc covers all of the above???

:confused: :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

update

i filed mcol on 04/05/07 they have acknowledged today. (well well they are on the ball!!!) they have until the 06/06/07 to do what ever they are going to do;) .

if they do pay out it will clear my debt and give me a few quid.

my debt was passed to debitas however i never said anything to them about my claim and just carried on with the monthly payments. i have just sent everything to capital one regarding my claim and i have received nothing from debitas. i thought i would start receiving letters and phone call from the horrid debitas demanding full payment but much to my relief i have heard nothing..........thankfully.

the point of that was IMO the DCA doesn't need to know as they weren't the ones who charged you. just take everything to the original company that charged you.

I hope this makes sense:) :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

update

Received letter usual bog standard stuff, they don't agree with anything but they are going to pay me what i'm asking. this will pay off what i owe and leave me with £168. cheque to be sent within 14 working days.

i won won won:D :D :D .

many thanks to every single member, mod and site helper.

by the way i had my woolwich claim settled on friday so its all good.(just waiting for the funds to be credited to my account). Must be my lucky week!!!;)

Well done. . congratulations. .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers