In debt management can I still claim bank charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am hoping you can give me some advice please!

I have been dealing with a debt management company, to try and resolve my current financial situation. And it's working really well I am please say. However, I would really like to claim my bank charges back, and believe you and me it amounts to a few thousand, but can I claim when I have just agreed really small repayments for the debts I have to them? Or can they say no, look at what you owe us?

Any help would be appreciated - I am really new to this so please help if can.

I would speak to your DMC and tell them what you want to do and ask their opinion.

They may expect you to use it to reduce your debt. After all the debt has to be paid.

How long have you got to go before you're clear? If it's only a short time, then hang on until later, or if the claim is large enough, you might be able to pay off your debt and still have a bit left over.

Regards, Rooster.

• Confused 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Many thanks Rooster, I think I will be around 93 years old when the debts are paid, so you are right anything off the debt would be most helpful.

Just concerned they could turn round and say the debt plan is out of the window because I have demanded my money back.

Regards

Delisnape