Unreasonable Expectations - Collection Company

laffer83
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a £3400 debt from a Mint credit card which was transferred to a collection agency after I could not keep up with the monthly payments. I have being trying to keep up a positive relationship with the company (Triton Collections) however they will only accept 10% in payment - ie £350 or nothing. Clearly I can't pay 10% each month but offers of £100 have been refused.

Due to this I am facing interest on the owed amount and not shifting any of the debt. How can I get them to accept lower amounts as repayment so I don't end up with bailiffs at my door!

Any help would be amazing, stressing bout it now! Got a claim going through with Barclay's for charges too!

:-x

Barclay's Student Account - Statement Received 10/01/07

- First Letter Sent 22/01/07

Collection Service Debt - No Progress

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Send them a Income and Expenditure Form and a cheques for what you can afford to pay. Don't pay anything other than that. Do not worry about baliffs as these only come after court action and after you have defaulted on an agreement made in court. If they take this ot court they will ahve to accept what you offer and they know it. £100 seems quite high - if you can afford that then fine, but don't let them intimidate you into paying more than you can reasonably afford. have you cahrges to claim back from MBNA for this debt?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

thanks for rapid response. On that advice have written letter:

RE: Request for Lower Repayment Installments

Reference: ***************

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing in reference to the amount of £3879.30 that is still outstanding on my account. Since this amount was transferred in to your hands from the credit card company Mint, I am managed to repay nothing on this amount.

However this is not been my decision as I have been told on numerous occasions that the lowest payment that will be accepted is 10% (£387) which is an amount which I am unable to afford on a monthly basis.

I accept the debt that I have, and would like to form a positive relationship with my creditors in order to pay all outstanding amounts on a pro-rata basis.

I have enclosed an Income and Expenditure sheet that shows in detail my and my partners finances, and money remaining for creditors.

It is using this information take I would like to commence a monthly payment plan with Triton for the sum of £90, I would be grateful if a standing order could be set up for this amount.

When either my or my partners financial situation alters in any way, I will inform you and payment can be increased until amount is settled.

I hope that as a company, Triton will take a common sense perspective on this amount owed and except the payments which I am able to afford.

Yours Sincerely,

N.Haines

Have I missed anything out??

Also on your comment on reclaiming charges on the closed credit card will they take off the default notices too?? and can I relly claim for a closed card?

cheers

Barclay's Student Account - Statement Received 10/01/07

- First Letter Sent 22/01/07

Collection Service Debt - No Progress

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]