Fredrickson Internernational/Egg

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I appear to have a problem getting the message across to Fredricksons.

In a nutshell, I owe egg several thousands. I came to an arrangement after sending them a statement of earnings etc. I then missed one payment and now an outfit called Fredrickson have been on at me.

They sent a letter stating I must pay the lot in 7 days or else. I phoned them to advise that as I am currently unemployed, I do not have the means to pay this in one go and they reluctantly suggested paying it off in two or three instalments over the next few months. I restated my position that I was seeking Job Seekers Allowance and could not offer more that £10 a month at present. This was completely unacceptable to them and they said that they would prepare the case for court proceedings unless I paid up. I stated that if that was their wish then so be it but they would need to be aware of my current financial circumstances. They then suggested another route which was for me to send them another statement of incomings and outgoings, which i agreed to do.

I was surprised therefore to receive a 'letter before action' from them issued the day after I spoke to them saying they would add interest £110 court fees as well as solicitors costs if I did not pay in full within 7 days.

I also got the usual bailiff/court judgement stuff.

My question is, as I have told them of my circumstances and agreed to provide the statement of earnings, are they able to do this?

I would be grateful for any comments

Thanks

I would go back to Egg and complain about Fredricksons behaviour which is atrocious. This worked with them in my daughter's case where they were claiming £305 due entirely to LTSB charging her £405 charges. We got the debt cancelled and also wrote a snotty letter to Fredricksons MD. Make a big enough noise and you'll eventually get some action.

also, offer them a token offer of £1 per month if you can't afford more and if they ever get to court (unlikely to as you're on JSA) offer the same to the judge.

state clearly that a person on JSA only (just) gets enough money to live on and not to pay creditors.