Tidge v Yorkshirebank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello folks, I had a account with yorkshire up to last year and I closed it due to the charges I was recieving, now a few problems im gonna have here is

1) I dont have any record of my Account number

2)My local branch has shut so i dont know how to obtain my details

3) If my branch has shut how can I take them to court.

Any help or info would be most welcome

Thankyou

Leanne

1. They should be able to find this info from your name and address,though they may use it as a stalling tactic.

2.Contact the head office in Leeds. 20 Merrion Way, Leeds, LS2 8NZ,

3.Use the Leeds address on your court claim form.

Hope this helps:rolleyes:

;) If this helps please click the scales bottom left

Thanyou zebbydog, so would I be best off just sending my Data Protection Act straight away to this address ( Head office ) or just ask head office of confirmation of my old account no/sort code and take the action against my closest branch, or the branch that took over from my old one.

Thanks

Leanne

I would send the SAR to Leeds and ask for confirmation of your acc details as per your address.To be on the safe side to avoid delaying tactics i would also file your claim against head office

;) If this helps please click the scales bottom left

Aw Sh~t, iv just realised something, I sent off my SAR and not put my £10 cheque in, what should I do.... any other company would let me know but after reading how arkward YB are im not too convinced... any suggestions guys n gals

Don't worry about it Tidge. I did that with YB and they wrote straight back to me letting me know [however, this was back in march before the influx of claims lol] - you could just send your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) again, with a sentence at the beginning along the lines of 'further to my letter of whatever date, i enclose a cheque for £10, which I omitted to enclose previously' - it'll only cost you the price of another stamp then, and avoid giving them any reason to delay further.

PJ x

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.

• 1 month later...

How arkward is this bank, recieved this letter from them today...... they sent back my DPA request today with the attached letter.....

We have been unable to trace any account number in your name to action the attached. Please could you try and obtain this via an old statement, cheque book, reciept.

I sent them my statement request on 22/01/07 and they have stamped it on the 25/01/07... the cheeky buggers even cashed my cheque so now what do i do

I've had this problem with Yorkshire Bank as well, you're not on your own. My husband had a business account with them for quite a few years but closed it due to the excessive charges. I rang them the other day to get the account number to put on my DPA letter and they said they couldn't give me the details as it was my husband's account.I explained I was authorised to access my husband's account so then they demanded a legal document proving I had power of attorney :mad:

I gave up and contacted my husband at work and got him to ring them. Surprise?? They have no record of any such account!!! Fortunately, I found it on an old bank loan agreement otherwise I wouldn't have had a clue where to go from there! Deliberately awkward or just stoopid???

sococarolyn :p

Tell them you had an Account with a branch that is now closed and ask how do you get your Acc No. they will have your records somewhere, it's harder for them to fob you off on the phone. Keep a record of the phone call it might be useful latter.

I know they do try and say they need account numbers, but I find it quite incredible that with their vast resources, YB cannot find peoples records without account numbers. They must surely be able to do searches on their computers for names, addresses, post codes, even phone numbers.

I have just sent a SAR to them for details of loan accounts, PPI, credit card, none of which I have numbers for, but as they managed to find my current account records using the account number I feel confident that they should be able to find the rest. I didn't ask for these in the first place as I was a newby and didn't think about it. There may be other stuff I've forgotten too and I've asked for that as well. They must be able to access ALL of my records.

Their 40 days starts from the date they receive the £10 fee, so if they fail to comply in time I'll be complaining to the Information Commissioners Office and putting in a claim to the court. I suggest anyone else with this problem does the same.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Right then, firstly thanks for your replies... well ive just phoned the customer services and basically they are telling me the same... that I could do with an account number ect.. i even mentioned that the microfiche would still hold my details but he said yeah it should do but if they cant find them theres not a lot they can do and to go to Hunslet branch for a £10 refund for the cheque they cashed... the part that puzzles me is I sent my statement request to head office as my branch closed a couple of years ago, however my reply came from Hunslet branch ( that took over from my branch )... if they could not find any of my details then how come it got passed to Hunslet branch... the lying gets!!!, so over to you guys..... please please please what do i do now... after this im more determined than ever to claim back.

They are telling me that they need an account number too. I find this amazing that their systems are so weak. I think you should write to the ICO and complain. If I find out more I'll get back to you.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thank you caro, if you find anything out please let me know and in the meantime does anybody know a phone number or address to complain and take it further?

Put it in writing as it will carry more weight I think. The address is:-

The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF

Dear Sir or Madam

I have sent a subject access request to Yorkshire Bank asking for information on my banking history with them. Unfortunately I was unable to provide an account number, and they claim that without this information they are unable to comply with my request.

I find it incredible that with the vast resources available to a bank, they do not have a sufficiently robust system in place to allow them to find my records from my personal details alone. My request and payment was received by them on (insert date) and they have failed to comply.

I would be grateful if you could advise me if Yorkshire Bank are correct in their assertions, and if there is anything I can do, or that your office can do on my behalf, to help me obtain the information I have requested.

Yours faithfully

Tidge

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so I sent the bank a letter and various phone calls threatening them that in fact they DO have my details and are not doing enough to resolve the problem, on the phone tey are nice as pie and " Just cant understand whats happening, and it should be sorted " but in reality I think they are just takin the mickey... I sent them a letter giving them 7 days to notify me in writing or else its I.C.O time and F.O.S.....and guess what.... nothing!!!.... not a sausage, how arrogant is this bank.... looks like letter typing time to ICO... should i wite one to FOS too???

Write to the bank detailing your grievance and clearly mark your letter "Complaint". If the bank give you a final response that you still don't agree with then take it to FOS. Have a look at their website, it explains the process very clearly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/faq/bankcharges-quickguide.pdf

"Fight the good fight, finish the course and keep the faith"

You could also write an LBA, giving 7 days to comply before court action.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

• 2 weeks later...