Bank Of Ireland ERC Claimants-are They Settling Out Of Court?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The more that they delay, the worse it will look for them, as they will have no sufficient argument in the long run.

What worries me is that they think that they can keep people silent when they settle in full. Do they think that this will deter others? Rubbish. They should waken up and pay out.

Thanks for the support. I am in touch with the consumer council for NI, lovely girl called Alison Laird. She has just contacted me to tell me that the FSO is now going to deal with any bank complaints IMMEDIATELY - rather than the normal 6 month processing time, so I think I will submit a claim to them and see what happens. I am going to ring BOI and tell them this and see if they will offer full amount (not holding breath of course), so anyone else might like to try that themselves and see what happens. Any one from NI should contact Alison Laird, as the Consumer Council want to heaar from people claiming charges back, she even went to court with me the first time and gives loads of useful tips etc. Website is General Consumer Council for Northern Ireland : Homepage Consumer Advice, Information, help from the Consumer Council in Northern Ireland

Anne McMillan is back in her office today so am going to ring her and see what she says. Will keep you all posted. Also, does anyone know I heard that if you accept a settlement, it doesn't legally stop you for going for the rest of the amount at a later date. Is that right or am I dreaming?

i think personally if they word it as "in full and final settlement" thats what it means in full and final settlement however i think that it should mean in full and final settlement of the claim in question thereby anyother claim would be ok just be carefull read the wording in case they try to add words in like in full and final settlement of all claims against the bank juust be cautious read all the print im not saying that the banks would do anything underhanded like :eek: well we all know that they wouldnt do thats the reason we are all here to get our money back ! keep us posted !

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Wasnt even a claim for bank charges- simply a claim to enforce a SAR.

Didnt need to in the end, the Information Commissioner said "jump" and Northern asked "how high?"

Got my statements from 1987-93 next week, and they settled my claim for damages in full. :D

geoman- read the FAQs and have a good read around this site.

Yes you can claim your charges back, but nearly all claims are being stayed in the courts. this is because of a waiver that the FSA gave the banks due to the OFT actually taking the banks to court over this very issue.

You can get all your statements, work out how much they owe you and go through the proceedure of asking for it back, the banks has to acknowlege your request, but arent obliged to do anything about it until the High Court in London gives judgement in the OFT's case.

Get your claim in anyway, that way you are in the queue.

Best to start a thread of your own so we can can you specific advice. If you post on dead threads your questions are just going to disappear. :)

• dx100uk changed the title to Bank Of Ireland Mortgages