Barclaycard PPI & a housewife.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Going through my statements for my charges I noticed Barclaycard are charging me PPI every month,where neither of my other two cards are.

I have sent a CCA request to see if I ticked the box asking for it, but don't think I would have done as I didn't with the other two.

My reason for querying this is when I applied, I was a housewife with a young child, & my application stated 'housewife'.

So considering I was never covered for unemployment (as I wasn't employed) does this mean it was mis-sold?

Hi Tunecookie,

Yes I would say that if you had Housewife on the Application then they should have advised you that PPI would not cover you anyway..so Yes I would say in your case MIS SOLD

Housewife is not full time employment now is it..lol

and before you start on me Ladies, I dont mean that you Housewives sit about all day on yer butts drinking coffee and watching Jeremey Kyle etc..lol

It also goes to show that these companies do not even bother their backsides to check application forms when they are returned. If they did they would have clearly seen Housewife and that should have rang bells.

Surely there must be some responsibillity there for them to check applications etc..Is that not a case of someone not doing their Job properly..?.. Its a bit different when you pay cash into the bank they check the amount 3 times in my branch, they just dont take your word for it do they..I wish they did mind you ..lol

Of course they always put the onus on the applicant and state that you signed and agreed to the terms and conditions etc, and that you should have read and checked the application.

Ian

• Haha 1

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

hi im a housewife also and barclaycard charged me ppi. wrote a prelim and did lba and they coughed up without any fuss at all. so go for it. this was easy for me. they will add it on to your statment if nil ask them to send a cheque :)

Letter gone today with a schedule of charges!

12/01/2007

Acc no xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Certificate no xxxxxxx.

PPI INSURANCE

Dear Sir/ Madam.

It has come to my attention that the payment protection Insurance on the above card

number was mis-sold.

When I applied for the card I was not in full time employment & stated on my

application form that indeed I was a housewife.

This however was not picked up at the time & I was accepted.

I refer to the OFT’s report dated October 2006 (oft869).

I quote page 14 section 3.5

‘Common minimum eligibility requirements for PPI are that a consumer

must be living and working in the UK, be aged at least 18 and under 65

years, and be actively employed for at least 16 hours per week and

have been so for a specified period of time.

As I did not meet the minimum eligibility requirements I should not have been accepted.

Therefore I require from you;

• To cancel the insurance forthwith.
  • A refund of all premiums paid to date. The sum of being £752.29.

A schedule of the charges is enclosed for your reference.