First Direct

mikeyc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I posted first letter requesting, received back 185 statements, free of charge.

Do I claim for the interest each month as well. Will then send letter tommorow as per copy in the library requesting repayment.

Cheers

Read faq will carry on and post Interest and charges for last 6 years £2660

can you reassure me that it will only cost me £150 approx if itvgoes to court and possibly the closure of my bank account.

Cheers

OK, a lot of people seem to get confused by the whole interest issue. It goes like this:

At initial request, you can claim:

The charges applied to your account

The interst charged on the charges applied IF the charges took you overdrawn.

You can't claim:

Other debit interest such as that applied to a debit balance as a result of being overdrawn (with the exception of that part of the overdraft that is made up of charges)

The 8% APR - that gets added when you submit a county court claim.

When you file a court claim, it is at this point that you can add the 8% interest. Do this using the spreadsheet in the library.

To be honest, in my opinion, it ain't worth claiming the debit interest on charges. It only works out to be a few pence each month anyway so for the hassle of trying to work it out I'd just forget it. It's the 8% that you add at claim stage that IS definately worthwhile and can boost your claim significantly.

The maximum you stand to lose is your court fee providing your claim does not exceed £5,000. If you lose you won't be ordered to pay the defendents costs.

Spend a few days reading the whole forum - it really does take a couple of days to get the hang of it fully.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Received letter from Fd not agreeing with my case dated 22nd may 2006, my letter dated 3rd may so already they failed to reply after 14 days. I have to reply within 8 weeks.

The delay with my case due to me breaking femur and requiring surgery, so i am now fit enough too carry on.

The next step is a LBA but what is the schedule of charges mentioned in the library letter

Cheers Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks