Newbie here, about to claim....

undead
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have been reading through several threads (mostly the Abbey ones) and am also disgusted by what they get away with.

A while ago, I went under my overdraft by 50p, and got charged 30GBP for the privaledge!!!

I have had a few hiccups over the years but have ALWAYS got my account in order very quickly and have always faced the same rubbish when contacting them along the lines of "our bank charges are justified" - now when I have mentioned in the past I have heard of people claiming back against them I have been told - and wait for it ...

"No-one has managed to claim back our bank charges as you believe Mr Undead since our bank charges are entirely lawful and part of the terms and conditions of the account"

So they are even UNAWARE?! of how many people have actually manged to WIN BACK their money?? Laughable!!!

Anyway, I am going to make a start in claming back. I fully intend to give this forum a minimum of 5% of the claim should I win. I am guessing at this time it must be around 600-700 worth of charges over the last 6 years.

A couple of questions if I may

1) I am going to start with the standard DPA letter, apart from sending that and the 10 charge, do I need to give them anything else?

2) I have already opened and moved to a new account, the current Abbey account is being run as a bills account. Do they have the right to close it upon recieving my intentions?

Many thanks

Undead

Good evening.....Re: your first question, I would say that is sufficient, although I would recommend that you send it Special Delivery....They're are so much easier to track...recorded deliveries go astray more often too!

As for the 2nd question...They hold the right to close it at any time I think, but it's highly unlikely even in these circumstances.

Steve....

Hi Undead.

"No-one has managed to claim back our bank charges as you believe Mr Undead since our bank charges are entirely lawful and part of the terms and conditions of the account"

At branch level they probably don't know that everyone who has claimed has been successful.

1) I am going to start with the standard Data Protection Act letter, apart from sending that and the 10 charge, do I need to give them anything else?

Just your bank acount and sort code. You will find the Data Protection Act SARs letter in the letter templates library.

2) I have already opened and moved to a new account, the current Abbey account is being run as a bills account. Do they have the right to close it upon recieving my intentions?

The bank can close your account at any time although it is unlikely on a first claim. If you make a second claim then it becomes a certainty.

Spend a few days reading the FAQs and the step by step guide in the library section. There is a lot of information there and it can take a while to absorb it, but the more you learn, the easier your claim will become.

This is a self-help forum so the more you learn, the better.

It's your claim.....Your money.....Your homework.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

I will certainly be sending it special delivery and getting a photocopied proof of sig for the possible court case as I am sure they will try every trick to get out of it.

It will nto really be a problem if they do close as its just a usefull bills account right now... lets see how petty they actually are lol...