Virgin credit card

Guadge
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Does anyone have the correct contact address for Virgin credit card (owned by MBNA)? I am sending the initial DPA request letter, and only have the usual PO Box address, so if not, will use that. Thanks everyone, and good work.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I am relatively new to the site and have found it thoroughly informative and incredibly helpful.

In keeping with the trend of sharing the wealth of information thought I should to let everyone know that having gone through every statement [which thankfully I had retained] and calculated a staggering £898 of charges applied to my Virgin Credit Card account across the last 5 years. Some of the charges were ludicrous, more than once MNBA charging me for being 14p over the agreed credit limit ... following on from making their advised monthly direct debit minimum payment they calculate, only for the interest rate to be slightly increased and there to be a tiny shortfall!!

I sent a slightly amended version of the Credit Card/Store Card template letter on Monday 15th May and will post more threads as the case progresses.

My only concern is that across the 5 years MNBA have, without a request from me, refunded nealy £100 of charges - an admission of the charges lack of validity in my eyes. However, will this in anyway effect my claim?

Maximus

Thanks Guadge! How are you getting on with your action?

Regarding the refunded charges ... I'm not really sure why they refunded them either. £50 was simply refunded on one of my statements in July '04.

I also received a letter in Jan 06 offering to refund £50 of charges if I paid made a late payment within the next 10 days, so naturally I did. This was before I'd discovered this site though, so I would have possibly have reacted differently with what I now know about the illegality of the charges.

M

Hi - I have had all my statements back, after the initial DPA letter, and have sent the initial preliminary approach letter a week ago, so they have another week to respond. I have already had all my charges refunded by three banks, and am now going after the credit cards. I am doing three MBNA cards at the same time, so we shall see!! Good luck, and keep us informed!

• 2 weeks later...

Well done on getting all your charges refunded by 3 banks ... you're obviously a seasoned pro at this now!

I received a letter from MNBA on Friday saying the following:

'Thankyou for contacting us.

We will ensure that you receive a full written response within 28 days from the date of receipt of your complaint. I have enclosed a copy of our internal complaint procedure leaflet for you rinfomation.

Should you wish to contact us in the meantime, please telephone Gareth Tunnicliffe, Customer Advocate, on 01244 672628 between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Yours sincerely

Rachel Claridge

Customer Advocate Office Manager'

I assume that this is a standard procastination letterand that the best policy is not call them but go to the Moneyclaim site and proceed with the claim?

Max

Well done on getting all your charges refunded by 3 banks ... you're obviously a seasoned pro at this now!

I received a letter from MNBA on Friday saying the following:

'Thankyou for contacting us.

We will ensure that you receive a full written response within 28 days from the date of receipt of your complaint. I have enclosed a copy of our internal complaint procedure leaflet for you rinfomation.

Should you wish to contact us in the meantime, please telephone Gareth Tunnicliffe, Customer Advocate, on 01244 672628 between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Yours sincerely

Rachel Claridge

Customer Advocate Office Manager'

I assume that this is a standard procastination letter and that the best policy is not call them but go to the Moneyclaim site and proceed with the claim?

Max

Four banks now! Nationwide paid up!

Yes - just ignore everything unless it's your money, and stick to your original time scale! So prelim approach, letter before action, and then action. I've also had a letter from MBNA saying they'll let me know what they're going to do by 9 June, but that's too late, so have just sent letter before action, and now they have until tomorrow, before action!!

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Further to my initial letter to Virgin Credit Card asking for a full refund of £1022 to cover charges and interest, I have today received a long letter from Virgin, giving the standard explanation for the the fees.

HOWEVER, they conclude with:

'We do value your custom and so we would like to resolve the matter. I have therefore credited your account with a goodwill gesture of £390 on the basis that this in full and final settelment of your complaint. I trust that you will find this an acceptable resolution.

Please note that default fees will be charged in the future as set out in your agreement, and we will expect you to honour the terms of that agreement.

Steve Bailey

Head Of Customer Advocate Office'

I have saved my Moneyclaim file but not yet submitted it as I have been incredibly busy in the last 10 days.

Will this payment affect things?

How should I now proceed?

Any advice would be greatfully appreciated.

Max

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks