KAdams vs HSBC

Stubbsy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this site. I've been steered through the claim process by a friend and I'm now at the last hurdle.

I received a letter from HSBC dated 7th Dec stating they would refund the amount owed to me. However...

1. The letter makes no mention of refunding the interest, or cost of the court fee.

2. It states that I need to sign and date a copy of the letter & return it to them within 7-10 working days. As I've been away for a week, this deadline has passed, so I'm now unsure as to how to proceed next.:?:

Any help would be gratefull received !

Just seen a post from Michael Browne - I gather the offer I got from HSBC possibly pre-dates my County Court claim ?

I guess I should write write back to them with the following (even though the 7-10 days has expired) ?

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx. Prior to receipt of your letter I have filed a claim in the County Court and have therefore incurred further costs. I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, interest and court fees now totalling £xxxx I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder. I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim. I trust this clarifies my position.

I didn't realise how tense this would all be.

Good fun though :)

Hi,

I've amended your suggested letter, which I think may be slightly better

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx.

In the abscence of a response to my previous letter within the time specified I have filed a claim in the County Court and have therefore incurred further costs. I am prepared to accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, to include interest and costs incurred. I would however be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of a full settlement of my claim. I await your response within the next 7 days, and no further correspondence will be sent regarding this matter.

Good luck, and keep your thread posted on the progress

Steve

• Haha 1

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

Just seen a post from Michael Browne - I gather the offer I got from HSBC possibly pre-dates my County Court claim ?

I guess I should write write back to them with the following (even though the 7-10 days has expired) ?

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx. Prior to receipt of your letter I have filed a claim in the County Court and have therefore incurred further costs. I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, interest and court fees now totalling £xxxx I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder. I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim. I trust this clarifies my position.

I didn't realise how tense this would all be.

Good fun though :)

Hi Stubbsy - I had exactly the same from Colin Langdale and I've returned a letter only accepting as a partial settlement. I have not received a response from him and HSBC have filed their defence yesterday via MCOL. So I'm now waiting for the AQ!:|

Yes its the Allocation Questionnaire. I've just printed off the bumff on it in readiness! Seems pretty straight forward however after ringing DG today re: copy of my charges, I was informed that I will be hearing from the bank in about 7-10 days!:|

• 1 month later...

Over the weekend, I received a letter from HSBC's solicitors stating they would settle in full, subject to everything remaining confidential.

I assume it's just Ok to sign this and send it off ?

After getting this far, it seems churlish to start quibbling over whether the whole thing stays confidential or not !

After all, it's not as if they're saying you couldn't make any further claims if any future charges arose.

congratulations stubbsy - another good beating for hsbc!!

the confidenialiy bit can be crossed through when you send your acceptance back - its up to you

well done

netty

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!