been paying a debt for years - but its still on my file after 6?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an old debt on my credit record which was probably defaulted at least seven years ago. It's still with the OC and they are updating the status monthly as in an arrangement. Should this have dropped off by now or does it stay as it is considered live?

Has the debt been defaulted ?

Receiving a default notice does not been a default was actually placed, you say an arrangement to pay is in place

are you still making payments?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Definitely still paying. I'd need to check on the default, but it has been with CCCS for a period of time before taking it back over myself. I can't imagine they wouldn't have defaulted after missing some payments, dropping down to £1 a month for while and still paying less than 5% of the contracted amount.

The creditor sends out a default notice giving time to remedy the default, if the debtor reaches a mutually acceptable arrangement to pay the default is not placed and the CRA records the arrangement.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: