am currently in a dispute with RCI about random figures quoted for repairs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5834 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I too am currently in a dispute with RCI about random figures quoted for repairs and also claiming for a document that they have already admitted to receiving. I was lucky enough to get a response to my letter yet all they did was take exactly what I wrote and turned it around without giving and real answer.

To be honest I am not shocked to see that someone else is having the same trouble and I dont think we're the only ones!

I'm going to phone them back again tomorrow and see what the "we don't know" people have to say this time. Anytime I've ever phoned the only answer I get is I dont know, so why answer the phone then! Maybe if they ask "when are you going to pay" I shall answer "I dont know"

well to cut a long story short my case is almost identical to yours, i wasnt there for the inspection due to work and when i returned there was a list of damages left that the "inspector" had found!

One was genuine because i knew myself it was there but should really come under wear & tear as the car was almost 6 years old but as for the other it seems the scratch was either made up, done by the inspector or it was there but theyre makin it out to be worse than it was. Over £150 for a scratch is a little excessive especially when the majority of scratches can be polished out!

Also tried to charge for a document they have already received from me until today when the girl I spoke to, who was either not in the Dick Turpin gang or was a little off the ball this morning, but she finally confirmed they have it.

Having done a little more digging it seems RCI are a total joke and I may also write to the garage I went through to complain about them using a company that doesnt know their a*se from their elbow!

Unbelievable!!!!:mad:

What was the "document" ? Service history perhaps?:?:

At least you got replies to your correspondence, all I got were demands for payment.

Anyway Aimhigh, my suggestion to you is to write 1 last time and notify them them that if they do not reply satisfactorily within 8 weeks then you will complain to the Financial Ombudsman.

As I have said, my 8 week deadline passed last month with still no response, so as far as I am concerned the matter is closed. If they do have the audacity:-x to contact me again, I will be straight onto the FOS as they should still have my case on file.

RCI seem to have a pattern modus operandi going by our 2 cases. Feel free to quote my case as evidence. PM me for the details if you need them:)

Good luck:smile:

aye that was the doc i was talking about.

Yesterday the story got worse or better if you want to laugh about it.

Some credit company phoned chasing me for money which seems a little quick since I only spoke to RCI at the end of lastweek and told them I would phone them again at the start of this week but anyways I spoke to a guy for about 4 mins, if that, and he was ready to scrap half the bill!?? I mean really, its just laughable now cos if they really were due the money why would they just accept half???

I think you hit the nail on the head in one of your comments when you said they dont like people taking advantage of the terms of the contract and giving the car back therefore owing them nothing and thats exactly what theyre gonna get from me....nothing!