Issue with renewal

mowerman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As briefly as I can.
On 2nd March I paid to renew my car insurance over the phone using my debit card, the insurers took payment, told me I was then covered and the sum was shown as a debit on my bank account the same day..
For the following six days the car was shown as uninsured on askMID.com so I couldn’t use the car.
I waited over an hour on each of three phone calls to them without being able to speak to a human so I gave up.
On 8th March the insurers sent a text saying following a system failure it was not possible for your Motor renewal to be activated, the premium had been refunded and I needed to contact them to make a further payment!  Needless to say I didn’t renew with them and insured elsewhere.
My concern is that technically the insurer cancelled my insurance –albeit their own fault – so would I need to disclose this with future insurers? Or did the insurance never exist in the first place?

Thanks

I don't think that you should treat this as a cancellation by an insurer. Don't refer to it in future applications that keep all relevant information/screenshots/correspondence – just in case

Agree that this is not a cancellation that would ever need to be mentioned or disclosed.

When Insurers cancel any Insurance due to a significant issue such as fraud or deliberate non disclosure, they have to send a letter to advise that the Insurers central database had been notified, therefore the cancellation would need to be disclosed when arranging future Insurances. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread