Death and DCA's what are my options regarding my mothers estate

Gwolst77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Our sincere condolences Gwolst77 

The Moorcroft debt Re Halifax accounts will still be with Halifax so I would inform them direct (Halifax) and send a copy of the Death Certificate.

If the rest are with DCAs (IE the debt have been sold /assigned to them) then ignore them.

The letters you refer to have they been sent to the Sheltered housing? or her previous address?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

So just to get this straight as it's not clear. The redirection of letters is from her previous rented home to the sheltered housing ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

So just 3 accounts and chased by Moorcroft....of which you think are Halifax accounts.....not wishing to go on but if you can image the new tenants of your Mums house if Bailiffs turn up/Sheltered Housing and how they are going to be bombarded with letters

It's your decision but I would be informing the Halifax at the least...yes, they will write back to you asking about here estate but you respond and state there is no estate end of.

• Like 1

5. There is myself and my sister that will split any remaining monies once all funeral costs, rent, utility and benefit over payments have been settled.

Probate may not necessarily be required once the account balance is below £20k assuming you have access to your Mums account and have not informed the Bank yet of your mother's death.

Yes, all fine...but I would still inform Halifax then the debts can be legally written off and Moorcroft put back in their cage.

Yes, the new owners can bin or RTS but if Halifax get a CCJ which you will not know about then the new tenants could be plagued with Bailiffs and you can't bin them or RTS. 

Wouldn't worry about the Capquest debt I would assume that has been assigned to them.