• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Reddam House Berkshire Ltd T/a Kings Interhigh/ACT letter of claim now claimform - online schooling fees

Bellarose

Thank you @dx100uk  I finished work late last night and have put this together. Is it ok? 

I deny the allegation that I am responsible for the payment of £1815.53

My reasons are the following;

• The quality of the educational provision was below the standard expected.  It was not the standard that was promised in the contract

• Poor quality of teaching.   Software problems preventing my daughter from joining the classes. Also, lessons would end midway due to technical problems and no effort was made to recuperate the time lost

• Terrible communication.  My daughter would email teachers and they wouldn’t bother getting back to her.  I also experienced this with the customer services department 

• From the onset I gave clear instructions that my ex-partner was responsible for making payments, this was acknowledged by the accounts team

• As payment for the next term wasn't made they blocked my daughter's account and as a consequence unable to join the lessons.    Also, they have kept the £500 deposit

@Andyorch I can appreciate what you are saying and take full responsibility but I've had a lot on my plate, not that it's any excuse but I've been overwhelmed with a lot going on in my life.  

Thank you for all the help 

@Andyorch just a bit confused about this bit here

*On receipt of this claim I requested documentation by way of a CPR 31.14 request dated XX XXXXX 2014 namely the Agreement and Termination Demand Notice referred to in the claimants Particulars of Claim. The Claimant has failed to comply with this request. (if you made a request using CPR31.14.)

I requested documents via the pap form and also requested directly to Interhigh for a breakdown of the money requested and where the £500 deposit has been used for 

Think I might have to leave that bit out then as they did reply back and supplied all documents, signed agreement, statements etc.

I have the email that states that because they weren't able to contact Mr xxx, I had signed the contract and was therefore  liable for the payments

CLAIM NO: XXXX

In The XXXXXX County Court.

I XXXX the defendant to the claim will state as follows:-

It is admitted that I did enter into an agreement with Interhigh dated for 4th October 2021.

It is denied that I am responsible for the payment of £1815.53.

The course was for my daughter a minor age 14, and I only made the application as a parent

The quality of the educational provision was below the standard expected.  It was not the standard that was stated in the contract

Poor quality of teaching.   Software problems preventing my daughter from joining the classes. Also, lessons would end midway due to technical problems and no effort was made to recuperate the time lost

Terrible communication.  My daughter would email teachers and they wouldn’t bother getting back to her.  I also experienced this with the customer services and accounts department 

From the onset I gave clear instructions that my ex-partner was responsible for making payments, this was acknowledged by the accounts team

As payment for the next term wasn't made they blocked my daughter's account and as a consequence unable to join the lessons.    Also, they have kept the £500 deposit.  This amounts to an unenforceable disproportionate penalty and I asked for proof that they suffered administrative losses which are mounted to £500.  To date, they have provided no written invoice for the £500 that they allowed to owe and which I deny

The claimant is denied from added section 69 interest within the total claimed that is yet to be decided at the courts discretion.

As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

The claimant is also put to strict proof to:-.

(a) Provide a copy agreement/facility arrangement along with the Terms and conditions at inception, that this claim is based on.

(b) Provide a breakdown of their excessive charging/fees levied to the account with justification.

(c) Show how the Claimant has reached the amount claimed.

(d) Show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.

By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief

I've been on the phone all day trying to confirm email to send documents. 

I finally got through & the person I spoke to confirmed email and address but also said that I should be receiving a letter in the next couple of days notifying me that the claim has moved over to MoneyClaim centre county court

I have just got back from the post office.  I sent the paperwork to the court only.   Should I have also sent one to the claimant?

Just reading through the MoneyClaim centre county court and came across this;

*You must file an N215 Certificate of Service with the court within 14 days of the claim being issued. The certificate of service confirms to the court that you have sent the documents to the defendant.

The certificate can be filed by post or preferably by email to ccbc@justice.gov.uk. Include the claim number in the subject line of the email.

The second page of the N215 explains how to calculate the ‘date of service’. If the date of service is different to that of the claim form, then you should consider the later date to be the date of service for the claim. For further information see civil procedure rule 7E.6.The court does not require copies of the additional documentation you wish to serve upon the defendant at this time.

Does this not mean that I should have been notified sooner that they have moved it to MoneyClaim centre?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I still haven't received any correspondence & unsure as to what is going on. 

When I spoke to the receptionist at Medway Court he advised that a letter had been posted, I should have received that by now 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Good afternoon,

I've just received this letter today 4th December 2023. 

It states in the letter that I have to reply no later than 4 days before the appointment. 

I am unable to make this date as I've picked up extra shifts at work and won't finish until 7 pm on this day.

Should I not have received the letter sooner, can I argue this?

Thank you in advance 

2023-11-29 mediation app.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Leema316, sorry to hear you are also facing challenges.  I am still waiting for a court date but will keep you posted. Looks like we need to set up a page for unhappy customers!!

Regards

Sophie 

• Like 1

• dx100uk changed the title to Reddam House Berkshire Ltd T/a Kings Interhigh/ACT letter of claim now claimform - online schooling fees

no, haven’t received any correspondence as of yet.

Still waiting on a court date but seems to be taking forever.

Have noticed an increase in unhappy customers on here

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...