Backdoor CCJ Lowell/Overdale - old Vodafone debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, 

Back in 2016/2017 Vodafone were overcharging me every month on my mobile phone contract, after many calls back and forth. I told them to close the account and send me a final bill to close this account. This never happened and I forgot about it.

Fast forward too 2022 and I receive a letter from Overdales solicitors claiming they are going to apply for a Writ of Control over a CCJ that was issued on the 10/05/2017. After checking my credit file, yup there is was and was issued to a very old address that never had any connection with Vodafone nor overdales/Lowells.

After going through my banking etc and trying to pin point payments etc (as the amount was quite substantial £1356) as I questioned the amount. 

Now here is where I gets weird and I can't get my head around things: I was still paying this account up until November 2017 how was a CCJ applied 8 months before? They also said my default date was January 2017? How did I default if I was paying up until November 2017? 

I rang Overdales and questioned all of this and asked for a statement of account and any agreements etc and they refused and told me to seek legal advice, which I did.

I will have to pay to have the CCJ overturned but as I am working full time will have to pay the fee which I do not have available to do so. 

Will they enforced the writ of control and send HCEO? I thought High courts do not deal with Consumer debt? I do believe the agreement signed was back in 2011 when I opened the account and presumed I was covered under the Credit consumer act with this agreement and High Courts wouldn't even look at this? 

Sorry for the long post and please forgive any grammar or punctuation 

Welcome tot he Forum.

I would make my first port of call contacting MCOL Northampton asking for a copy of the claim and  particulars of claim...and Notice of Judgment.

Secondly you could DSAR Vodafone to get all your data this should reveal the default details and date of assignment to Lowells.

Do the groundwork then post back ...come back immediately if they do issue a WOC.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Do exactly as Andyorch  suggetst ASAP there may well be something wrong with the debt the DSAR to Voda should help there, If they do turn up  with a WOC you don't have to let them in there is no right of forced entry, but keep any car well away in case they try to take control of it by clamping.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor Lowell/Overdale CCJ - old Vodafone debt

mobile debts are not covered by the consumer credit act.

dont worry about silly threats of bailiffs and next time never ever use the phone or email or text concerning any debt... they LIE.

get the POC from Northants bulk and we'll move you fwd.

ive retitlted and moved your thread to financial issues forum.

there are 100's of backdoor CCJ threads here to read , use our search.

the debt will as with all other mobile ones be solely made of your monthly contract sums till end of contract, which is deemed unfair by the likes of ofcom amongst others, now if you can do anything about overturning it is another matter.

now +£1300 is a very big figure for a remaining sums contract CCJ, had you recently agreed to a new 18 or 24mts contract and ran shortly after?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor CCJ Lowell/Overdale - old Vodafone debt