Who is responsible for the loss of my parcel? EVRI or Amazon?

arabara
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I wanted to return a women's coat to Amazon worth £200. Amazon offered a free return on this item so I arranged a DPD pick-up through Amazon.com, however DPD didn't show up the next day. I contacted Amazon, they said they will arrange a new pickup but DPD failed to show up again. The same happened once more. I contacted them for the 4th time and they advised me to arrange my own courier at my own expense and they will pay for it later. 

Now, here comes the trouble. 

I purchased an EVRI label with a full cover and signature. I dropped off the parcel at my local parcel shop on the 11th of August. On the 15th of August I started to get anxious when the tracking information said ,,We've had an issue with delivering your parcel today. We'll try again the next working day."  I called EVRI right away and they said they will contact the driver. According to the tracking information, the parcel was delivered on the 17th of August.

I was in the belief that my return parcel had been delivered safely, but I started to be suspicious when my refund from Amazon still hadn't been issued after 14 days. I contacted Amazon, they told me that the item was not scanned at their fulfilment center i.e. they don't have the item so they are unable to assist me further.

I contacted EVRI customer service explaining that Amazon doesn't have the item and I also asked for the signature which I paid for. They said that the signature is missing.

They sent me a link to fill the lost claim form which I did. The following reply came back 28 days later.  ,,Your parcel has received a final delivery scan and has reached the final tracking point within the network. I am unable to assist you further with the claim."

Could you please help me who is at fault for the loss of my parcel, EVRI or Amazon? From whom should I seek compensation?
I assume EVRI is at fault because apart from their tracking information (which could be tampered, I guess) there is no signature as proof of delivery, even though I paid for it. I also paid for a full cover. The problem is that they have never admitted losing my parcel and according to their tracking information the parcel has been delivered. 
On the other hand, Amazon failed to arrange my free return three times.

Any help most welcome. 

Thanks very much

how did you pay for the item, debit card on amazon?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Go do a chargeback to your bank 

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...