Acceptable distance between parking restriction signs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 617 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

received a window ticket from a Liverpool enforcement office, stating having parked in a restricted area.

I looked around and couldn’t see any council signs regarding restrictions.

My question is “how far apart can  council signs in a street be so that they a

can be enforced” 

Start and end of street or area?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That being the case!!!!!! Is how I’ve been caught out Henry Street is long with three roads crisscrossing it , one which I entered from.

better pay the reduced rate , learn a lesson and move on, thanks

Edited by dx100uk

i would suspect at any road that leads into the area surely too?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The definitive rules on signage on public roads are in the Department for Transport Traffic Signs Manual, Chapter 3, available here on gov.uk

Traffic Signs Manual – Chapter 3 - Regulatory Signs (publishing.service.gov.uk)

The Manual gives the requirements in mind-numbing detail.  Sections 13, 14 and 15 deal with parking.  They run to over 60 pages. I haven't read any of it but hopefully you'll find something in there relevant to your question.  Happy reading!

If there's nothing at all relating to your question I would conclude there are no national regulations and it's up to local councils, signage will be at their discretion. 

However just because it's up to the council to decide how to sign it doesn't mean you can't make representations to the council, and subsequently appeal to the parking adjudicator iif necessary, on the basis that you couldn't reasonably be expected to know that you were in a restricted parking area and the council's signage was inadequate to alert you to the parking restrictions. It''ll all depend on the specific facts of your case.

Henry Street is in a CPZ, which only require signs at the entry points to the zone. The restrictions on the entry signs apply to  the single yellow lines within the zone and therefore they don't require   timeplates, unless particular sections of the SYL differ from the entry sign times

Edited by Michael Browne

Thanks Mr.Browne,you obviously know this area better than me.There was single yellow lines but there was sufficient area to park inside of them.There was two cars already parked with no tickets or permits on display so I thought I was ok.

I parked at 17.30 the car was noticed at 17.34 and ticketed 10 minutes later the officer must have been hiding in the shadows, as previously mentioned best to pay the reduced and move on.

Thanks to all who have given their time.

13 hours ago, Motobrooks said:

There was two cars already parked with no tickets or permits on display so I thought I was ok.

In my CPZ in London the council no longer issues residents with paper permits. All permits are online only and the CEOs have a machine that reads the number plate and checks it against the online permit database. so there wouldn't be a permit on display in the cars. I imagine that's what lots of councils do now, to save money, although I don't know about Liverpool.