Declared as Iphone but I think value was £20 so they don't charge extra for insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 704 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evri delivered an empty package without an Iphone that I sold on Ebay. this was 3 weeks ago. When I created the label I state it as an "Iphone 12" but I think I put the value at £20 so they wouldn't charge extra for insurance. However, I paid extra for the signature option, but this was ignore, driver just drop the box infront of the door without waiting for anybody.  

Do I have any chance of success here? or should I call the day and forget about this because of my stupid mistake? 

I'm afraid that you would only be able to recover the amount of money which you declared as being the value of the item which you sent .

It's not helpful to you, but maybe for others we should say that there's never any justification for undovaluing an item which is sent by means of a courier company

Thanks for you reply. I just found an email  "Screen Attached" from Evri the day I placed the order. When I contact them about the lost parcel they Claim I put the Value as £20. But it seem I actually din't opted for the optional insurance but declare the "Value Paid" Correctly.  the invoice stated "Free cover up to £20" but on this email from the day I placed the order it shows "Description Ïphone 12"  "Paid 780"  which I should have added myself. This email seem the only evidence of this. Please advice 

evide.pdf

There is nowhere on the emails invoice website, etc saying saying that I actually declare the value as £20. I Honestly don't recall what I added  but I  trusted what they said after I opened the claim. It seems it's their words against mine.