Can being paid under national minimum wage get found out.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 723 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

3 hours ago, Loughton wannabe said:

They have advised the role is £18,250 for 40 hours.  We eat on the go for lunch.

If I take of half hours unpaid break daily making 37.5hrs then I get to £9.36 best case.

if it is 18.25k/52 weeks =£350.96 pw.

/40= £8.77, /37.5= £9.36

If you eat on the go then it is 40 hours.

If you take unpaid 30 mins as you are legally entitled to for shifts over 6 hours then it is 37.5 hours if a 5 day week.

Either way of you are over 23 then it is below the min wage. you will get back the difference in any hours that you have worked since it came into effect. 

May be worth notifying them first as if it is a small company they may have just not realised.

If you are stipulated to wear a certain type of clothes or buy anything that is needed for work then then this is also classed as a work expense and will put you under min wage - ask Ms Selfridges and several companies that don't provide uniforms but stipulate what you wear.

• Thanks 1

Any comments made for your own thought provocation only or based on previous experiences. These may not work out for you as they have for me so always check with appropriate professionals.

Well done you! Love a happy ending, hope you enjoy and do well at the job.

• Like 1

Any comments made for your own thought provocation only or based on previous experiences. These may not work out for you as they have for me so always check with appropriate professionals.