BCW letter RE: broadband account held with Wanadoo /orange

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

received letter from Buchanan Clark and wells reference a broadband account held with Wanadoo Broadband account which was then taken over by Orange.

After a while we lost all internet connection, and then my partner noticed that no direct debits were being taken from our account ( we did not cancel standing order).

Have now received a letter from aforementioned, stating that we owe £184.

Do i ask for the CCA from then,

and are they able to default us.

I received a letter from Buchanan Clark + Wells, it is as follows:

Dear ...

We have been instructed by Orange PCS Ltd to recover an overdue debt, in the sum of £184.90 on their behalf. For your reference, this debt relates to your account with Wanadoo Ltd, who re-branded as Orange PCS Ltd.

Our cllients have informed us that they are unaware of any legitimate reason for non-payment of their account and although they would prefer an amicable settlement, will not hesitate to take further action.

Please call etc etc.

What do I/we do next? Are they able to collect the so said debt?

Yes I/we did used to have broadband with Wanadoo/Orange PCS Ltd but 1) never cancelled DD myself. For some reason stopped collecting premiums and 2) Didn't have broadband connection suddenly stopped. Never had any correspondence from Wanadoo/Orange for collection for so said outstanding. Can you suggest a letter to send to them telling to basically to get lost?

Please note never spoken to BCW.

Afraid you cannot tell them to 'get lost' - you were a customer of theirs receiving services presumably asked for. Providing a DD is no defence of non-payment,if it doesn't work you have to find some other way of remitting.

If you want a breakdown of the costs so that you can check they are legitimate, by all means contact BCW noting that until you can check the validity of their claim, that they should treat the matter as an account in dispute. If you find that funds are indeed die to their client, you will pay them the due amount if full, noting that this is the first communication you have had in this matter.

We are not customers of BCW but were with Orange/Wanadoo. Are they still able to collect the debt. have read and numerous threads about this DCA and not good. Do you have a template of a letter I could send to them.

Just because a debt has been sent for collection to a third party does not invalidate it. What you are suggesting is that you shouldn't have to pay for supplied services because Orange/Wanadoo were tardy in enforcing collection from you - or have I got that wrong?

By all means ask them to prove the debt exists, but there is no magic 'letter' that will enable you to walk away from the debt. Whilst it may be unlikely you'll be taken to court, you may find your Credit File has been trashed by Orange (as a debtor) so if they have, THIS is the time to pay up and demand the removal of any default as part of the process.