Packlink / EVRi / Evri Lost Package

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 732 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there,

I have been fascinated all morning, reading about the success you have had helping people get compensation for their missing items from EVRi.

I am in a similar situation to many others in that

I sold my iPhone as a private seller on ebay for £180 and it has gone missing with Packlink and EVRi (or Evri) fobbing me off.

I have issued my buyer a refund and so I am now out of pocket.

I posted on the 18th March via a ParcelShop and it was collected that evening and entered into the EVRi network.

The tracking has been confusing since with claims codes issued several times a day and also a note saying "held due to damage".

I see this is a common thing and I am getting nowhere with either customer service.

I have written a letter of claim which I will send via email (if this is ok?) to EVRi' customer service team and I will copy in the CEO.

Please find it below.

I have also registered for an account on the Money Claims website .

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide!

Letter Of Claim - Hermes.pdf

The letter is fine.

Some questions:
was the item correctly declared?
Was the value correctly declared?

Did you take out their so-called insurance?

Thanks @BankFodder

I sold through ebay and booked packlink via a link from them so I assume they get the value and what the item was through the listing. I didn't take out their insurance.

I will fire the letter off to them via email and get organised with the Money Claims website. Thank you for your help.

Fine.

Don't forget to let us see your the particulars of claim before you click them off.

Make sure you do lots of reading about why their insurance requirement is unfair and unenforceable.

Keep us updated

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @BankFodder,

Day 15 is on Wednesday, please could I ask if you would kindly check my particulars? Unfortunately despite refusing Packlink's compensation, they have already processed the payment of £25 and also refunded the postage fee. Does this mean I have to declare this on the particulars and deduct from the total that I am asking EVRi for? Or just amend the claim total and not mention it?

---

The claimant is suing as a beneficial third party under the contracts 

( rights of third parties,) act 1999.

On 18th March 2022, the claimant used the defendant's delivery service to send a parcel, declared value £180 to a UK address. EVRi tracking number XX . The defendant breached the contract by failing to deliver the parcel.  The defendant admits that they have lost the claimants parcel.

Packlink have since refunded the delivery cost of £2.64 and made a compensation payment of £25, despite the defendant refusing reimbursement as it was unnacceptable given the item's value.

The claimant claims reimbursement of #xxx less #xxx reimbursed by packlink

Edited by BankFodder
Modifications made

I've made some modifications. Please check

Thank you. When you received the defence, please upload it in PDF format as soon as you receive it.

under the GDPR rules we must operate under and to protect your anon status i have hidden your last post

please remove the claim number and anything else THEY could use to ID your here from the PDF title and on every page of your upload it shows on.

it is always better not to allow the opposition to ID you here 

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Okay. Nothing unusual.

Let us know when the mediation date is. In the meantime keep on reading up about the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act in the stories on this sub- forum.

When it comes to the mediation, hold your ground – don't give in even on a single penny.

Mediation is nothing  to be nervous about. You control it, you are the claimant. Do ever forget that . Dont compromise, just keep stating you want your full claimed sum  .....

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you. Please tell us a bit about what happened and how much you got and did you have to give up anything