Set aside or settle CCJ for Drydens - old CAt debt

smithyone74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have CJJ from July 2017 from Crapquest/Drydens for approx £850 which i recently looked into and found out it was for an mail order account from 2013..... 

it was issued at an address that I had moved out of in December 2016 and thinking back, I dont ever recall receiving an correspondence from either of the above for years prior to this. 

My question is,

would it be worth going down the route of applying to set aside and, would anyone have any suggestions of the wording for reasons on the N244 form or would I be as well just trying to contact Drydens and agreeing a F&F settlement and just trying to get is satisfied that way.

Thank you in advance of any assistance :-)

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

why?

unless they are chasing you or you've had bailiffs appear (neither of which can actually do anything) i'd leave well alone.

once the CCJ reaches its 6th b'day it vanishes from your credit file and is difficult for the claimant to enforce through courts after 6yrs.

them sending everything to an old address because you ran away and didnt inform your debt owners of a move is quite legal

and 

you also need a defence for the actual debt and why you dont owe it, paperwork wriggles are now null and void as the default judgement trumps those.

1 ccj doesnt harm you much even for mortage applications in this present low int rate market.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Set aside or settle CCJ for Drydens - old CAt debt