Nationwide claim - What happens now??

sueletten
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have gone through all the steps, sent all the letters, got all the usual replies about being referred to 'Member Services' which never happened. So I filled in my MCOL last week and got 2 letters today, one saying it had been served on the 6th Dec and another from 'Mr Bacon' acknowledging my claim and saying they intend to defend all of this claim.

What happens next in other peoples experiences, I know they have 28 days to prepare a defence??????

Cheers

• Haha 1

Next you should find that your balance swells bit by bit until all your claim is settled........I would wager this will be Tuesday at the latest!

Happy Christmas!

• Haha 1

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

Oh right, so they don't even bother to prepare a defence of any sort. It got me worried when they said they were prepared to defend the whole claim in full !!!

Well I shall be checking my bank all week to see what happens!!

Do they refund the £120 court fee the made me pay just to get them to take notice ???

Thanks for the reply :)

Yes, they refund the court costs too!

Let us know when you get your refund!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

Ok I have just noticed a 'credit by cash' gone into the bank today for £479.76 I can't think of anything else it could be??

My claim is for £1973.15 (including all the interest and court fees), is it right for them to drip feed it back, what if they don't pay the whole amount? because they have paid part it makes it seem like I have accepted it???

Do I just sit tight and wait???

Awww well done!

really pleased for you

The rest of your money should, trickle in over the next day or two.

Happy Christmas!!!!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Ok I have just noticed a 'credit by cash' gone into the bank today for £479.76 I can't think of anything else it could be??

My claim is for £1973.15 (including all the interest and court fees), is it right for them to drip feed it back, what if they don't pay the whole amount? because they have paid part it makes it seem like I have accepted it???

Do I just sit tight and wait???

Well done. They should pay in full, I had some paid by cheque because one account had been closed (by me) earlier in the year. Make sure you get the full amount though.

Botsy

Well I had a letter yesterday from Nationwide, syaing they had reviewed my letter to 'Charles Bacon' and they were refunded the £1476, the £120 court fee and £359 interest charges !!!! YIPPPEE

Checked account and its all in there as well

Although the interest they worked out was £20 less than what I asked for but I am not going to quibble about that as in the beginining I was not even claiming that, it was only because I put my MCOL through that I added it on...

So more than chuffed..... :D

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys, bear with me.

I've sent 2 letters to Nationwide and each time, they've provided the standard "sorry, but no" responses.

I'm now preparing to take them to court, however, when I started the claim, I asked for £425 based on the unlawful charges over 3 years. I didn't ask for the interest that was charged over that period.

1. Have I been an idiot?
  2. Can I add them to my court claim?
  3. Can I add subsequent charges?
  4. Do I also add the 8% interest based on the £425 if the answer is no the Q3?

My head's been in bits for a couple of weeks, and I've only just been able to locate you guys on the site. Doh!

Please be gentle with me!

Hi gspot!

Let's help Find U so U don't become lost to the whole of mankind!

(...soz just couldn't resist!...rofl:lol:)

As well as starting U're own thread so that U can be helped more easily, U may find the reading of the following thread useful?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/54212-do-i-have-accept.html

Hope the link proved useful?!