Constant problem with Hermes delivery service... what else is there?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As avid online shoppers, myself and my other half have had our fair share of really bad delivery experiences.

Rant #1: Why does the driver ALWAYS knock on the door when I'm in the middle of something!? Even during a COVID-19 lockdown and being stuck at home, the door still goes when I'm either on a Zoom call or in the bathroom and I get no warning at all!! 🤬

Rant #2: I'm really impatient. I understand that products are in a warehouse miles away but can I not have my order delivered on the same day everywhere I shop? 🥺 Perhaps my expectations are far too high but I've seen so many companies doing quicker delivery now (e.g. I can get my food delivered by Deliveroo in 30 mins, I can get my online shopping from some of my fave retailers delivered in an hour by Carryr and even groceries in 15 min from Weezy). Surely if the products are available in the nearest store they can just get delivered from there as I can't be bothered to visit the store - I shouldn't have to wait a couple of days any more!? I also don't want to pay a fortune for this either (I know, I want it all)... £5 or less seems reasonable, I guess.

Rant #3: WTF!!!! Why is it acceptable to deliver my packages into my bin on collection day AND have the cheek to send a pic of it as proof of delivery. This is not a safe place. Why can't I just schedule a time and you come then!!!! In the past, I've had quite a few delivery drivers forge a signature to mark as delivered to move on to their next job. Seriously, this is not cool.

I'm glad I've now got these rants off my chest 😅😂

*and breathe*

Have any of these happened to anyone else here? Or have you got any worse stories to share? What are the best delivery services out there regarding online shopping

Thanks in advance!!

I think most delivery drivers are trained to sense when you are in the toilet or in the shower et cetera and then to attempt the delivery then.

In terms of the best delivery companies, we get the fewest complaints about UPS, DHL, DPD. Hermes is definitely the worst – but on the other hand as a proportion of number of deliveries/customers, we have no idea.
It might be that in fact Hermes have a very high success rate and a very low proportion of complaints – but if they have a very large share of the market, then obviously the number of complaints they get will be greater.

Despite that, it certainly seems to us that Hermes offers very poor customer service when things go wrong.

That's so true - definitely sit in the van waiting for the worst moment haha!

I agree with you, apart from the on-demand delivery companies I've tried which are still under the radar right now, the best is usually either DHL or DPD.

Yeah I think Hermes' market share/volumes could be a double edge sword for them, especially with rapid growth of online vs offline for the retailers they're working with.