applegatebaby v FD

applegatebaby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

firstly fab website and so many great tips.

Anyway following all advise on here and all stages i issued my MCOL to FD on 20.11.06 for £2342.00. Today i have rec'd a letter from DG Solicitors offering half - £1171.00 as full and final settlement.

I could do with this money this side of xmas but want to accept as partial settlement.

Should i call the Solictors and speak with them directly. I never added any of the interest on to the charges as this was my first claim and didnt want to appear to greedy. So if i had added interest on i can only assume that the final figure may have been somewhere in the region of £200 more. Or should i write them and ask for it all.

Can someone help with a template letter?

I am really excited about this as now i can go full steam ahead with all other accounts and credit cards knowing that im not going to get knocked back.

this site will def be getting a donation from me. WooHoo!!

Any help would be greatly rec'd.

Thanks

Leah

You can accept as part settlement, but they probably won't pay out until you agree on amounts. If you're already at this stage you will probably see the full amount before Xmas anyway. Just don't settle at this figure for the sake of a week or 2! You should be claiming at LEAST 8% interest anyway if it's gone to MCOL.

Good Luck!

___

MBNA VISA - PL sent 23/10

MBNA MCard - PL sent 23/10

FD - PL sent 23/10, offered approx 75% 27/10

Marbles - PL sent 23/10, rejected letter received 27/10

big smiles from me. Came home after day from hell to a wonderful letter from DG offering the full amount. Yeah will sign and post tomorrow. Donation on its way. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Can someone move the thread to winners pls and amend title for me thanks.

Leah

On with Natwest now!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

Well done. Feels good does'nt it?...

Good luck with the other claim

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers