Lucas Credit Services & Lowell Financial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lowell Financial have been chasing me for some time for a small (less than £200) debt from many years ago, which I dispute because the original company added admin costs and fees for non payment etc simply driving up the amount owed constantly, with their inflated charges making repayment virtually impossible.

I advised Lowell that I would not be paying for that reason.

I have now received a letter from Lucas Credit Services saying Lowell have passed the debt to them to collect as their approved debt collection agencies.

However, 2 of the 3 active Directors at Lucas Credit Services are also Directors at Lowell Financial Services and both companies are registered, with different numbers, at Comapnies House as being at the same address!

Surely this means that 'Lucas' is a bogus collection agency, purporting to be a collector on behalf of Lowell but are actually one and the same company simply changing the name on the letterhead in order to assert more authority to try to recover the debt?

Is this legal and do I have any recourse or comeback with these shady dealings?! Thank you!

nothing wrong there

they are all part of the same group.

so what's the debt all about??

tell us the history.

All DCA's have many many trading names and use them to mug debtors into thinking the debt is escalating up some imaginary chain , when in all truth, no DCA has any legal powers whatsoever on any debt - no matter what it's type and are not and can never be BAILIFFS.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

When was last payment on the debt  Wonder if its Statute barred?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!