Settled But How Long Before Account Closed

still-learning
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I claimed charges back for a friend and they have been paid in full on 14th November. At the same time my friend wrote a letter to Nationwide solicitor requesting that despite the ongoing claim he would like to remain with Nationwide for banking, keep his reducing overdraft and not have his account closed.

How long have Nationwide waited before giving the 30 day notice of account closure?

Cheers

10/09/06 - 13/11/06 reclaimed full charges and interest of £2781.45 for friend from Nationwide;)

I had my feck off letter within 6 days of receiving my 'sorry we have in fact took money off you we shouldn't have, here have it back, but no were not sorry and we don't actually believe we've done anything wrong' letter

They did give us 30 days but we actually sorted things out before then and went into the branch speaking 'IN A VERY LOUD VOICE' about us wanting to close our accounts seeing as WE HAD JUST CLAIMED BACK ALL OUR UNLAWFUL CHARGES FOR THE PAST SIX YEARS' - so we closed our accounts not them - petty I know but it gave me the satisfaction ;)

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

Hi,

It pays to ask! RESULT.

I have just had been advised by my friend that after settling for the full amount claimed (£2781) the Nationwide are keeping his account open and are also keeping his reducing overdraft in place.

He had opened another account with another bank but it will be handy to have both in place.

10/09/06 - 13/11/06 reclaimed full charges and interest of £2781.45 for friend from Nationwide;)

The Person who got settled up....DId you have to submit N1 forms to the courts? If so how long did it take from them being submitted to getting your money refunded please?

Nationwide watch your back!! :grin: What goes around comes around!

Hi,

I dealt with their claim by using Moneyclaim Online. Claim was accepted on 6th November 2006, Nationwide replied with intent to defend on 9th November. Then on 12th November court fee and interest claimed was paid into my friends account and the remainder of claim paid in on 13th November. All in all, apart from wondering what was going to happen, it all went very easily.

Rather than sit back and wait, I drafted a letter for my friend to send telling Nationwide that generally he was pleased with level of service, it was just the issue with all the charges he was disputing. He then asked to keep his account once it was all settled and also for his reducing overdraft to remain in place.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

When you claim claim was accepted on the 6th November that means they sent you confirmation and a date when it would have gone to court?? Nationwide acknowledged 3 days later then but rather than go to court they settled up

So took 7 days in all from the dates you have stated?

Thats Brilliant, ive already added myself onto my partners account so do not care to be honest if they close it down, at 25 years of age and still with a flexaccount they can shove it where it hurts as far as i'm concerned. They wouldnt help me, and i certainly aint helping them...give me my money and i'm outta here!! :)

Mine hasn't been closed either...not sure if it is going to be was settled the 15th and still haven't received a letter. Not sure if I sure ask if it is going to be closed or just keep quiet ...

CAPITAL ONE Amount owed £480+ interest £52.95

Prelim 10th July 06

Reply with £12 difference offer of £168 27 July 06 Replied 9th Aug 06

Another reply from them 25th Aug 06 LBA sent 9 Sept 06

Reply of last offer for £168 received 28th Sept

Finally filed court papers 4 July 2007

NATIONWIDE Amount owed £507 + interest £27.98 WON :D

Prelim sent 9 Sept 06 LBA sent 9th Oct 06 Court papers filed 20 Oct 06 Won 15 Nov 06

BANK OF SCOTLAND Amount owed £275 SETTLED IN FULL

Prelim sent 14 Oct 06 Offered half refund 28th Oct 06

Sent letter refusing part payemnt 31 Oct 06

Full refund sent in a cheque from BOS on 3rd Nov 06

• 3 weeks later...

H,

Surprise, surprise.......... although being told over the phone that his account would remain open and his reducing overdraft would remain in place,my friend has now got letter sayng we are giving you 30 days notice to close account.

What about the overdraft?

I still haven't recieved a letter and got my settlement a month ago - it is realy odd as I don't know anyone else who hasn't. Kinda still think it is a slip up on NW side and it will arrive eventually...

Prelim 10th July 06

Prelim sent 9 Sept 06 LBA sent 9th Oct 06 Court papers filed 20 Oct 06 Won 15 Nov 06

To answer your question btw - I think they ususally say in the letter that overdraft needs to be paid back in those 30 days. But obvoulsy if it is big overdraft they may well agree to a payment plan to pay it off. Your friend would need to contact them and check it out thoguh.

Prelim 10th July 06

Well Well Well I now have the answer, recieved a letter on Saturday morning from Nationwide, they intend to close my account on the 15th January due the fact i was not willing to commit to the terms and conditions set by Nationwide, recieved a letter from Nationwide again today from their Solicitor with an imaginay/non existant letter attatched that has supposedly been forwarded to the courts, bothered i got over 2k from the F*****s whose laughing all the way to the bank !!!! :p :p :p