PRA and barclaycard debt - recontructed CCA return shows married name etc, was not not married when signed up

kaze
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have had replies back from Barclaycard about time accounts were opened mine was 2012 and my husband's was 2004.

If I CCA request the 2004 Barclaycard and they do not respond in 12 + 2 days ,is this debt unenforceable and would I then need to write and ask them to close account as defaulted.

If I CCA request the 2004 Barclaycard and they do not respond in 12 + 2 days ,is this debt unenforceable and would I then need to write and ask them to close account as defaulted.

Does not work quite like that. If they fail to reply to the CCA request properly, it just means that you could defend in court i.e non compliance with CCA request, if Barclaycard took it to court. Does not mean the debt goes away and it will not be chased. Barclaycard will just deal with the account per their usual procedures. And Barclaycard or any debt collector that follows can avoid the non compliance issue with the CCA request being an issue, by providing a true copy of the original CCA.

The point of sending the CCA request is to see whether Barclaycard can provide it. Banks often have major issues with storage of records and can't provide copies of documents. If you find out there is a problem, then you can use it to your advantage. If at anytime you are threatened with court action, then you request them to supply the CCA request. For accounts taken out pre April 2007, they need an original copy of the CCA.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 years later...

Have requested compliant paperwork under CCA request to PRA for barclaycard debt .If paperwork shows a reconstituted copy of agreement with married name on agreement and  the agreement was taken out when I was single and using maiden name is this legal and compliant .Agreement was also taken out pre 2007.

• dx100uk changed the title to PRA and barclaycard debt - recontructed CCA return shows married name etc, was not not married when signed up

not a chance of it ever being enforceable

and probably the usual 620000 T&C's they roll out?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...