Making a new Will - thinking through options available.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for the update!!!

Good morning everyone and I hope this finds you safe and well.

Phew - yesterday I had the email from our solicitor to say our signed Codicils have arrived and been deposited in their safe.  We will receive copies next week.

It has been pretty stressful - but everyone has their own battles to deal with both mentally and physically given what we are all having to adjust to.

After deciding we could not waste time we have used the firm that we have our original Wills with.  They are a very large firm and of course had more staff than our local solicitor.  I was able to scan forms of identification and the communication with the 'Lifetime Executive' was very helpful throughout even when working part time at home. At no time did not not get a reply or contact numbers, etc.

When the Codicils arrived in the post we gave them 72 hours on their own out in our conservatory.  (Really not sure about handling post - we are putting it in quarantine.)

Of course then came the issue of getting witness to sign.  Thankfully our neighbours were very obliging and with the required distance, hard back folders to use as a desk all carried out either side of a their five barred gate.  (Keeping to the required distance, hand sanitizers, gloves, etc, etc.  Then placing ALL paperwork back on our conservatory garden table and leaving it on its own for 72 hours before I scanned it, forwarded it, and then posted originals.)

So - getting witness signatures - etc all would have been so much easier IF we could have gone to the solicitors in the first place.

All the worry - has to have been worth it - we have Codicils to our Wills in a safe.  Oh! Yes - free of charge!  Our invoice was £540.00 - so that's nice to get a free gift😉.

Thank you all for your support. 

1 hour ago, Manxman in exile said:

Good.  Glad you got it sorted to your satisfaction.

I feel more relived now that we have as executor, our son and if he is unable to do it then our daughter. 

We are preparing our own written instructions, for them, to attach to our Wills.  Which will include a link to this site if they need help and advice to our daughter saying that she must seek the professional help that she will need.  We will also stress to her that she will not have failed us - as it will be a task she has never had to do before but at least she will have control.

I just need to let go now and feel we have done the best we can with all your support.

Again thank you.