DVLA- LLP - £80. DR investigations. 1 year after sale off my old car.

bigkirk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys.

Iv today received a letter from a debt recovery firm. (not sure i should name them)

Its for £80 (LLP) 

Date of offence - 01/06/2019

Date on the letter - 02/03/2020

It reads as follows-

We have been passed on your details from the (DVLA) following the non-payment of your late licensing penalty notice in relation to your BMW reg number **** ***

You currently have an outstanding balance of £80.

This is a civil penalty issued under sec 7a of the vehicle Excise and reg act 1994 and is now considered overdue. You may have since successfully licensed you vehicle, but please note that this penalty is still outstanding and payable immediately.

in order to avoid further contact from our-self's, you need to pay the above amount without delay. 

After this it just gives me details of how to pay. 

Ok so last year 14/08/2019 i sold my BMW via Face Book. Like iv sold meany a car before. He took away his slip and i posted off the reg form to the DVLA.

So as time passed i thought nothing off it and the buyer has never contacted me as usual.

But today iv received the letter stated above. Since selling the car and receiving the letter iv never had any communication with the DVLA or received any letter from the DVLA.

May i add we moved home from the registered address on the car reg form to our new one. 20 days prior to selling the car. But also have 2 cars registered to our new address. 

which the DVLA must have, as they must have sent the the DRA our current address.

This is very confusing to us and im here to seek advice if at all possible.

Reguards

Bigkirk  

Name them

Sc@mming dca

ignore them

the dvla had 6 mts to get you on this civil offence

too late mate so they sell on lists of these to S@ammers like this lot to pocket any money they get

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...