style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3015 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When flights stopover, mostly people are within the transit area and not actually in Dubai as such. It is only if you tried to cross the border into Dubai that you might have a problem.

In regard to international debt collection, this is easier said than done. Many things are possible theoretically, but if there is a lengthy costly process, with no probability of gaining a return, they would not bother. Outside of the EU, it would mean gaining a UK judgement first and the claimant should really go through a proper process of serving papers to the foreign address, with a particular application made for a non resident. This is not a standard process and it would be more costly. Then they would have to follow the relevant process in the country where the debtor was resident, which might be difficult and costly. Unless the debt was pretty large ( £100k + I would have thought) and the creditor was sure of gaining a return, they would not bother. So they use debt collection agencies who just send you letters, emails or try to phone you, in the hope of gaining payment the easy way.

morning,

I am about to leave Dubai- I will not be able to clear my debt but will continue to pay. I have been told they will try and cash my security cheque, which will bounce, and then make a police report. You have said on one of your posts that transit through Dubai International will not be a problem. There would only be a problem if you clear Dubai customs and enter the UAE- is there any way I can verify this fact? My new job will mean a lot of flights and Dubai is a natural hub.

Many thanks

I have had a search online just to check the position again.

If you are in transit only through Dubai, without going through immigration, you are within an international transit space, so should not have a problem. BUT it depends on whether you are travelling from another country which has any agreement with UAE on how they treat debts, such as India or Saudi Arabia. There was a case of an Indian national arrested in transit in Dubai, because they had been travelling from Saudi Arabia. If you were travelling from say London or Berlin you should not have a problem because you are in transit from countries that don't have agreement with UEA.

The other potential risk, is if your Dubai flight is delayed or airport evacuated or you fall ill needing a hospital. You are then forced through the immigration people who see the Police report on their system.

Travel through UEA or other country they have agreement with in regard to passengers is still risky, as would be having to leave the transit area because of an issue arising.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread