Should my deposit be re-protected?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I've been living in a property for 3 years and every year I've renewed and (previously!) paid to renew my tenancy agreement (AST) and the deposit was re-protected and I received an email from the Deposit Scheme confirming my deposit was protected for another year.

However, this year, due to the removal of letting fees, we have not been charged and the landlord has done the renewal himself.

However, its 28 days since we signed the renewal, so should the deposit have been (re) protected (well he has 2 more days), last year we received confirmation within 7 days.

Is our AST treated as a new contract (as its 12 months) or as long as the original deposit was protected its fine. 

If it is not protected within 30 days, and even if it was done by (eg) 36 days, should I keep quiet and use it against the landlord if there were ever any issues. 

In addition, we were charged 6 weeks rent deposit, I believe the law is now for 5 weeks, should we claim 1 week back? 

Screenshots of AST enclosed (with personal info edited out).

https://ibb.co/4PGf4Nf

https://ibb.co/dJtDyS6

Thanks, Daniel

deposit will be in the same scheme if he had the money. Ift is different of lettings agency held the deposit as often they just have to belong to a suitable association that guarantees the deposit and can the hold the money themselves.

ASK your LL where the deposit is held