Maxine V Barclaycard. **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If I were you, I would use the £30 to invest in a new keyboard :D

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously though, this might be of help.

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Thanks.guys...

Hey.milly.moo...:)

Glad.you.were.amused.ajjars

I.actually.came.to.turn.my.computer.off...and.have.ended.up.checking.

messages...bed.beckons...Ill.be.having.dotty.dreams.

I.didnt.attempt.a.letter.in.response.to.Barclays.f**k.up.

(being.as.my.keyboard.is.on.the.blink...and.thanks.for.the.link.T4FF...lol.

I.am.going.to.try.and.fix.my.keyoard...got.to.get.an.inkle.pinkle.allen.key.

first....its.a.mac.keyboard.so.it.will.cost.me.dollar.if.I.cant.fix.it...prob.

be.ok.with.a.clean.)

I.may.as.well.wait.for.the.court.date.to.come.through...

I.can.not.believe.the.blatent.disregard.for.the,law.and.consumers.rights.

It.was.Novemeber.when.I.originally.sent.the.SAR.letter.with.the.10.quid.cheque...theyre.such.swines(Barclays)...5.bloody.months.

Anyway.these.dots.are.doing.my.head.in.so.I.will.update.threads.when.I.

have.normal.functions.again....kids.eh!!

until.later.dot.over.dot.and.dot.out.

:rolleyes:

Moodle

Maxine, hun it must be driving you crazy seriously.

Kids.. don't tell me. I have the teenager from hell and a just turned three year old boy!!!! gawd help my sanity:lol:

Me hopes you get the keyboard fixed soon!!

Milly XX

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

Thanks.milly...

I.have.tried.to.fix.it.without.any.success...

I.even.tried.to.pinch.my.mans.keyboard...but.as.mine.is.a.macintoch...

the.connectors.are.different...bugger!!...

so.I.am.stuck.with.this.one.for.now.

Dont.suppose.anyone.knows.the.date.barclays.started.charging???

Was.it.April2001?

I.am.just.compiling.a.letter.to.Barclaycard.now...I.am.having.to.paste.

in.all.the.spaces...

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Moodle

I.have.written.this...its.not.up.to.my.usual.standar...but.it.is.taking.me.forever.to.write.it.with.many.of.my.keys.non.fuctioning...hopefully.it.gets.to.the.point.

Thank you for your letter dated 29th March 2007.

In my previous correspondence I agreed to accept the settlement offer (of copy statements & £30 court fee), which you had put forward as full and final settlement.

I accepted the offer on the understanding that Barclaycard would provide me with the information I initially requested back in November 2006.

I required a complete list of transactions and charges for both credit card accounts relating to my history with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period would be acceptable.

There are several missing periods amongst the statements you have provided me with. Therefore I am continuing with the county court claim unless you can provide me with all of the data I requested.

I cannot believe it has taken five months up until now to receive any statements form your organisation whatsoever, despite a complaints investigation by the Information Commissioner and a County Court claim against you. Yet you still insist on not complying with my request.

The sheer disrespect towards your customers and blatant disregard of the law astounds me.

The Allocation Questionnaire in relation to this claim has been filed at court with an accompanying letter outlining the circumstances to the judge.

Yours Sincerely,

dottyladylarlar

Moodle

Letter.to.Barclaycard

With reference to my previous correspondence:

Subject Access Request letter sent on 17th of November 2006

Preliminary Request to refund charges (estimated) sent on the 29th November 2006

Letter before Action sent on the 22nd December 2006

Amended LBA for estimated charges sent on the 05th January2006

Data complain LBA letter sent on the 26th January 2007

Letter to Adrian Whalley sent on 29th January 2007

Partial Refund Letter sent on the 27th January 2007

Letter to Legal Department sent on 15th March 2007

Letter 2 to Legal Department sent on 22nd March 2007

Despite many attempts at contacting Barclays and trying to resolving this matter I have still not received a full breakdown of the charges that have been levied from my accounts over the past 5 years.

I am shocked that your company operates in such a fashion and have now decided to continue with my court claim against you on partly estimated figures.

I understand the regime of fees, that have you been applying to both my accounts over the years in relation to over limit fees and late payment fees, are unlawful at Common Law.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract in which you agreed to at the time that I opened my accounts. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner that complies with UK law.

I am very surprised that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

As you have not been able to provide me with the complete data I requested, in my Data Protection letter dated the 17th November 2006, I have calculated and estimated that you have taken a total of £2,406 in charges from my accounts over the past 6 years. I have added 27.9% compounded contractual Interest from the date of each offence, giving a total £4,981.47. I believe this rate to be justified under the implied principle of mutuality and reciprocity, and is based on Barclaycard’s interest rate that would be applied under the terms of the above-mentioned account.

I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges that I am claiming back from both my Visa and MasterCard account. Initial copies of these schedules from have been sent to you previously.

I require repayment in full of this amount or, alternatively the data I initially requested with an accurate list of charges applied. If you do not comply fully within 7 days then I shall begin a claim against you for a total of £4,981.47 at county court, plus court costs and without further notice.

Yours faithfully,

dottycrazywoman

Moodle

Thanks.milly...

I.have.tried.to.fix.it.without.any.success...

I.even.tried.to.pinch.my.mans.keyboard...but.as.mine.is.a.macintoch...

the.connectors.are.different...bugger!!...

so.I.am.stuck.with.this.one.for.now.

Dont.suppose.anyone.knows.the.date.barclays.started.charging???

Was.it.April2001?

I.am.just.compiling.a.letter.to.Barclaycard.now...I.am.having.to.paste.

in.all.the.spaces...

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

LOL your posts look like they have been in a drive by shooting. Have you tried putting it over a radiator to see if that helps.

If not try your local council they may well have a recylling dept, where they store load of old pc's they may be able to give you one.

I beleive Barclaycard claim the introduced charges in mid 2001, not sure of the month but for some reason I think it was aug. Don't quote me on that though.

Tanz

Have you tried putting it in the dishwasher!!!

How bizarre! I would guess you couldn't do this with one of the new flashy wireless ones.

Just want to make it clear that I am not condoning this btw!!

I like the response "You can even put it in the oven (at the minimal heat level) to fasten the dry. Tested and approved by me."

Lol

What is actually happening maxine? Is the full stop key being depressed everytime you press other keys or is it constantly adding full stops in without the key being depressed? The former would suggest that the key is stuck and you could do with removing the key and the other keys around it and removing any sticky milk around those keys - putting the key you have removed in a sink full of warm water will remove any lose grime.

Either that or the contacts under the keys (once you remove the key there will be a bit of plastic left that is depressed by the key in order to tell the keyboard you have just pressed it) might be stuck in a depressed state or might be sticky.

Aside from that, it could be that the milk may have messed with the electrics (depending on what keyboard you have there might be electrics in it) and might need to be replaced.

As an alternative to your full stop madness, there is a keyboard viewer program that you can use as alternative. This might be of help until you get your keyboard sorted.

Hi.folks...

How.mad.that.you.can.put.your.key.board.in.the.dish.washer...cccrrrrazyyy!!

Today.I.am.determined.to.fix.it...one.way.or.another...I.may.as.well.try.

the.dish.washer.thing...I.have.got.nothing.to.loose...

hahaaaa....

Watch.this.space!!

Moodle

Hi Maxine,

We have got statements dating back to 2001 for 2 accounts, and the earliest charge appears in the september. We could have just been good before that - but I doubt it!! We are still waiting for the statements (2001 - 2004) for the other account. Think we will proceed with that one on estimated charges like you. I can't believe they still haven't supplied yours. What a******es.

Ajjars.

Watch.this.space!!

Lol, I think Maxine is hoping -- watch this spacebar !

As you press down on the spacebar or any other key, there is some counterweight or spring mechanism which enables the key to bounce up again making the next key depression possible. I suspect sticky milk has coagulated preventing the upward bounce.

If no cure works and the keyboard cannot get any worse, then suggest recruit the same child who spilt the milk to spill an equal amount of diluted warm detergent with an identical arm movement. Liquid B will then undo the effects of liquid A in situ, lol. After a few minutes perhaps (god help us) rinse out with pure water. Then there is the hair drier, and as mentioned before the oven on the lowest setting....

So many shops have redundant oldstyle monitors and keyboards, such as charity shops, public libraries, offices, schools, Cash Converters, that I might have thought some might be pleased and relieved to give superfluous keyboards away.

Happy Easter to all.

The reason I was hoping to fix the keyboard instead of geting a cheap replacement was because it is a Mac keyboard... and looks snazzy... So it would have been a shame to bin it...Anyway... LOOK...

I'm dottless....yay!!! I can type without all the confusion.

Thanks for the help, advice and uplifting humour... nice one folks!!

Moodle

Out of curiosity, how did you fix it??

Took it apart and blasted it with a hose... nar, not really...

I just gave it a good clean after taking it apart and then rinsed it with the hot tap... dried it on the radiator and bingo!!

The milk had mixed with big balls of fluff and rolling tobacco (I wonder how that got there...?) and dried up into a horried bit of clag around the keys...yuk!!

It looks all lovely and clean now and feels like new... shame it doesn't automatically improve my spelling though...ha!!

I know this isn't a bank related post... but while I am here I must tell you... My other half is attempting to put a Velux window into the roof of the outhouse. I left him contemplating which roof tile to start taking off first while I popped to the tip with a car full of garden rubbish... I was gone half an hour and when I got back he (my O/H) is standing holding the ladder while Dave (our old age pensioner next door neighbour) is on the roof with his slippers on stripping the tiles off!!! It's an accident waiting to happen... I have had to come in the house... I can't look!!!

Lets hope it not a typical Bank Holiday at casualty!!

:o :rolleyes: :o

Moodle

She got wofter on the case.

Silly question really wasn't it...

• 3 weeks later...

Just letting you know I am still alive.

The weather has been good and so I haven't been n-line much.

I haven't heard a peep from Barlays. I need to file at court but can't afford it right now... and I am also concerned about going to court with SOME estimated charges (I still have not received all my statements).

This whole bank thing has got on top of me a bit and I have been leaving the big pile of paperwork alone for a while.

I need to get back on top of all my claims to succeed... the waiting is just doing my head in!

Moodle

Maxine. How have you not had all of your statements yet? Head over to the library and find the non-compliance letters. You need to send them an LBA for non-compliance giving them 7 days to send you whatever is left of your statements before you can progress the rest of your claim. I didn't realise you were estimating charges......must have overlooked in all the excitement of the dodgy keyboard! Best to get your statements back before you go any further.

And if I remember rightly the claim for non-disclosure is a lot cheaper. You could claim for damages (we're not talking megabucks) as part of your non-disclosure and that could give you some money towards the rest of your claim??