Lizzy v YORKSHIRE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a postal order and it was fine. It's all money so they won't turn it away.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi thanks, the other thing I am worried about is I left it for hubby to post for me, but he just sent it normal mail not recorded, so hopefully it got to them ok! IF I havent heard back by next fri I will ring them.

How long did it take for your statements to arrive from the bank??

Thanks

Lizzy

Thanks for that, I am in process of getting all my direct debits changed over to my other bank, transferring wages etc and in Dec we are closing YB acct, good riddance, so they cant close my acct when all this hits the fan!

HA!!

Still not had acknowledgement letter back from yb yet saying they received my SAR and £10, and hubby 'forgot' to send it recorded........... it was sent on 24th Nov, do you think I should ring up and check or leave it a bit longer, it was sent to my local branch.

Thanks

Liz

They have 40 days to respond so don't worry. I never bother with recorded although I know a lot do.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi again

I rang my local branch yesterday just to make sure my SAR and £10 had arrived ok. They stated that it would have been sent straight up to network support and gave me their tel no.( I sent it off on 22nd Nov.).

I rang Network Support who stated they received the letter on 5th Dec, and that they had 40 days etc etc so its got delayed somewhere along the line.... they were not happy that YB had given out their tel no either and said they were going to be ringing my branch to have words!

A quick question, I am also going to be trying to reclaim my ERC from them aswell but dont know whether to wait until my bank charges claim is sorted or do both at the same time. What do you think anyone??

My ERC is £5200 tho!

Thanks alot

Liz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again

Added up all the charges and it comes to £501 since 2001, I have included unauth overdraft fees and also unpayed cheque and direct debit charges. There is also a few £20 on there which just say 'charges' on the statement. Does anyone know what they would be? Just gonna send my letter off now with a schedule of charges, and see what happens.

Thanks

Liz

Yep I agree, some of mine just said "charges" I got them back ....Good luck with the rest of your claim :)

Started 25th Sep 2006 - got cheque on 4th December 2006. Settled without interest but full amount plus court costs :)

A & L Watch out buddy you are next 2007!!!!

HI again

Am having trouble filling out my charges schedule! Help!

I have saved the EXcel Simple version from the templates library. Do I just remove the 8% interest bit from the form for this first letter??

As I thought you only add this when you start court proceedings.

Thanks for any help

Liz

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there

Just a quick update from me..........well I sent off the pre lim letter and got a reply today from the office in Leeds, basically refusing to refund the charges etc etc............... so I now believe I fill out the LBA???

Good luck to all!

Liz x