50% Offer To Turn Down

bobdole
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You should accept the offer on the basis that you will proceed with your claim for the remainder, at which point it is highly likely that they will withdraw it, leaving you to proceed to the next stage.

If their offer is "full and final" however, then you can proceed to the next stage regardless, since they have not met your request for a full refund.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

No template per se - however, you have two options:

• Reject the offer outright, and stress your intention to claim for a FULL and unconditional refund
  • Accept the offer, and be implicit in stating that it is NOT accepted in full and final settlement, and that you intend to pursue the bank for the remainder of your claim.

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I personally would decline their offer and press for the full amount, as history goes you will get the full amount back if you do this

best wishes

Natasha

Abbey-received DPA letter on 13/03, received some breakdown till 2004 waiting for the more recent ones(where most charges occurred)

sent reminder email on 17/4/06

called abbey on 19/04/06 to remind them:rolleyes:

sent another email on 26/04/06:mad:

Approx charges £2500

received £500 refund in dec 06

sent LBA

Capital one- sent DPA letter 17/03

Sent prim letter for charges of £260 14/04

Received a refund £109 awaiting further refund of £151

Settled IN FULL

Barclay card- Sent DPA letter 17/03 sent reminder 14/04

received info claiming £120

settled in FULL

You've got them on the ropes, now it is time for the knock out punch.

Go for the full amount. Their offer of half is a trick to try and dazzle you with apparent kindness and save paying the full amount back.

Abbey (Charges on 3 accounts and default on my credit record) - DPA letter sent 30/03/06 - 40 days limit is 9th May - Recieved DPA printouts 05/04/06 with microfiche "fob off" letter. <p>Barclaycard (Charges on 1 account and default on my credit record) - DPA letter sent 03/04/06 - 40 days limit is 13th May - Recieved some statements 08/04/06 along with DPA printout and a microfiche "fob off" letter. Claim for £340 sent 11/04/06

Hi britbrick

It's important that we don't cloud posts with different questions from different users, so please post any questions you have seperately.

But for now...

I too have had a 50% offer, in 'full and final settlement'. If I don't accept this, and get an 'allocation letter', do I then have to appear at Northampton and defend the case against a barrister, or does the court decide without having to appear? Have other people been through this and has everyone won?

You are under no obligation to accept this, since it is less than you are claiming for.

Without you specifying what stage you are at, it's difficult to offer much advice. But the chances of a bank attending court to defend themselves is somewhere between slim and none. If you start another thread with greater detail, you will get a much more in depth response. :)

John

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

They offered me 50% in a letter and gave an email address if would be easier to correspond that way. I did email and said no to 50%. Then they increased it to 75%. I said no then they said 100%. This was done in a day started at about 11am with my first email by 3pm it was 4k.

It takes a bit of nerve but just hang in there and go for it.

Excellent news Pere

Please complete the SURVEY for us... :D

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks