MBNA and ukmail

BARFLY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the interpretations act 1978 states 2nd class (4 days) is normal post. Only first class (2 days) is recognized as an alternative BUT you have to prove 1st class royal mail else it is 2nd class by default; ie 4 days

and only working days count as the days

No other carrier is recognised explicitly, hence 4 days for UK / TNT; both of which are 3 day nominal service which is 4 in the eyes of the law

thanks hungrybear. that gives me some hope with a couple of DNs that have been terminated. problem is i didn't keep the envelopes. do you think a SAR would establish what provider they used. if it was royal mail first class they managed to squeeze in by a day, otherwise they've terminated without a valid DN.

the interpretations act 1978 states 2nd class (4 days) is normal post. Only first class (2 days) is recognized as an alternative BUT you have to prove 1st class royal mail else it is 2nd class by default; ie 4 days

and only working days count as the days

No other carrier is recognised explicitly, hence 4 days for UK / TNT; both of which are 3 day nominal service which is 4 in the eyes of the law

Yep that is the one hungrybear. :)

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

thanks hungrybear. that gives me some hope with a couple of DNs that have been terminated. problem is i didn't keep the envelopes. do you think a SAR would establish what provider they used. if it was royal mail first class they managed to squeeze in by a day, otherwise they've terminated without a valid DN.

4 days postage is by default. they would have to prove in court that it was sent 1st class. So you dont need to do anything other then state the 4 day postage prior to being deemed as served rule and refer the judge to the interpretations act 1978. if they (the claiment) disagree with you get them to stait prove of postage. Chances are, they will have no record of the postage. and i doubt a subject access request would contain anything about the DN other then the date the DN was written on. Remeber the onous of prove is on them, so it is them that most provide prove not you!

But still a subject access request is defiently a must as it will provide you with everything they have on you regarding the account and maywell show up somthing that will go against them, E.G No CCA. ;)

Edited by teaboy2
grammer

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

thanks hungrybear. that gives me some hope with a couple of DNs that have been terminated.good no wiggle left problem is i didn't keep the envelopes. do you think a SAR would establish what provider they used. no you will get a comms 'produced' entry. if it was royal mail first class they managed to squeeze in by a daysure??????, otherwise they've terminated without a valid DN.

who were the creditor, because SOMEONE on here will know their normal method of postage.

AND tell me the dates 'cos 1 day is close you MIGHT have missed a weekend or a bank holiday or.... I like clasping at straws, they normally save money:D

It's tight for first class, I would say tuesday delivery for first class BUT you'd need to hammer that in court.

now we need some nice cagger to say what there postal method is - or you could ring and say you need something by next week, jus wondering how you post

are you working on 2008 hungrybear or 2009? i think they use uk mail but haven't kept the envelope. would a sworn affadvit in court that they posted 1st class just be accepted? that's what they would do. would be in the fast tack court though as is more than £5000.