Unpaid car finance on crashed car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey Guys

Brief summary: Finance took out in 2016 on £10,000 car - paying back £14,500 on a 'hire purchase agreement' with Marsh Finance.
I have paid over 1/3rd
Last payment made December 2017
Defaulted on May 2018
Since then I have had NO communication from then asking for payment or return of vehicle or any county court documents etc.

The car itself I actually crashed in Feb 2018, and stupidly I didn't declare a previous speeding conviction so my insurance paid out to the third party but not to me (Yes totally my own fault I know)
The car is worth about £7k at the moment (without the damage) and I can have it repaired for about £1k - the car is currently in my garage without tax or mot.

I am wondering what to do next, it's very odd that they haven't contacted me about the car, I didn't even receive an annual statement from them which I thought by law they had to send?

My dilemma is do I fix the car up and start using it again or shall I contact them first and let them know what's happened? (They don't know it's been involved in an accident).

I have buried my head in the sand on this one purely down to financial reasons, so it's all my own doing I am not looking for any sympathy just some guidance on what to do, my financial situation has greatly improved now to the extent where I can afford to fix the car and continue the monthly payments plus chipping away at the arrears but I don't want to contact them and have them then immediately start legal action to recover car as at the moment it's almost like they've forgotten about it.

what does your credit file say?

have you moved since getting the CAR..>>

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Forget the calendar section

Is it defaulted in the summary with a date?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Good. well they can't do anything without a court return of goods order

and they