*~*~* Seamus Duffy Vs Abbey *~*~*

Seamus Duffy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

Sorry for mentioning you in the title but I am keen to get a bit of reassurance and support as I am about to enter a critical phase of my claim. I have got to the point of LBA on 15th November and Abbey responded by putting an extra £600 of charges :mad: on my account on 21st November. I am not panicking because I will simply add it to my claim but I am shocked at the tactics they are using. If I was in a worse financial position then I would possibly be preparing for a Christmas with no ability to pay any bills or have any of the frills my kids would be expecting.

I believe this is not only unlawful but immoral behaviour on Abbeys part and I am determined to see it through now as a matter of principle. So I would be really grateful if you more experienced guys could stay in touch and point me in the right direction re forms for the Small Claims Court etc.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Karnevil - I really appreciate the support. I will follow all the guidance from those who have tread this path before. I guess at this stage we all just need a bit of encouragement to hold our nerve against these underhanded tactics.

I will keep you all up to date as things progress cos it has been a great help to me to hear other stories.

Thanks again.

Got home this evening to find a letter from Marc Winder (Head of Complaints) who stated very nicely that he would investigate my claim and come back to me within 4 weeks. I think not!!

By that stage I will have filed my application in the Small Claims Court and Abbey will have to enter a defence or not. I hope they have the sense to make me an offer I can't refuse cos I am happy to go to court otherwise.

Then we'll let the judge decide.;)

Just quick update. I have not heard anything from Abbey and have tonight lodged my claim with the Small Claims Court for both my accounts. I was able to do it online and will receive confirmation within 2 days. Looking forward to taking this all the way now and getting what is rightfully mine.

I will be depending on support and advice from all of you guys on here as you have been an inspiration to me. It will be interesting to see how things develop and I will keep you informed. Abbey really are a disgrace how they have treated people and I am totally determined to see it through as a matter of principle now!!