Penalty Charge Notice - Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey,

Today I received a penalty charge notice from my local authority whilst parked on a marked bay with a single yellow line with a time restriction on it. (30 mins)

The Ticket I have been issued causes me some issues and feel that there is key information missing from it.

Would be grateful if anyone can assist.

The ticket I have offers no details regards my rights to appeal.

The only reference to appeal the ticket makes is that it is "not possible to pay the reduced charge and appeal against the Penalty charge notice."... Surely that can't be right?

its well documented that upon appeal the 14 day reduced period should be suspended?

The ticket also fails to detail the evidence ie the times between which they are claiming that I have been parked in the marked bay that would prove I was there beyond the 30 minutes. No doubt they will have taken timed photographs.

the penalty charge notice has been issued under the RTA 1991.

Is there any clear guidance that I can access that would state what information has to be on a penalty charge notice?

I have a number of other issues with the signage of the road which I was parked on that I will be raising with them however I'm on firmer ground with that information.

cheers for any help D

(3)A penalty charge notice must state—

(a)the grounds on which the parking attendant believes that a penalty charge is payable with respect to the vehicle;

(b)the amount of the penalty charge which is payable;

©that the penalty charge must be paid before the end of the period of 28 days beginning with the date of the notice;

(d)that if the penalty charge is paid before the end of the period of 14 days beginning with the date of the notice, the amount of the penalty charge will be reduced by the specified proportion;

(e)that, if the penalty charge is not paid before the end of the 28 day period, a notice to owner may be served by the London authority on the person appearing to them to be the owner of the vehicle;

(f)the address to which payment of the penalty charge must be sent.

What you have quoted is true but confusing, you cannot pay the discount and appeal, but you could appeal and still pay the discount.